none
View Product Backlog According To Area Path RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Microsoft Admin,

I created some Area for my projects. In the Product Backlog, it currently shows all "Area Path". If I would like to configure User A just sees list of Product Backlog Items in Area 1, User B just sees list of Product Backlog Items in Area 2. How can I do that? Thanks for your help.

Please see my pictures below for more details:

In the backlog:

Best Regards,

ThoaHK

Monday, January 8, 2018 10:06 AM

All replies

• Hi ThoaHK,

Welcome to the MSDN forum.

Refer to your description, your issue is about the TFS. As far as I know, we can try to set the permission of the Area path, please have a look at this: Modify work items under an area path

Permissions you set on an area path allow you to permit or restrict access to edit or modify work items, test cases, or test plans assigned to those areas. You can restrict access to users or groups. You can also set permissions for who can add or modify areas or iterations for the team project.

Best regards,

Sara

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

Tuesday, January 9, 2018 8:56 AM
  • Hi ThoaHK,

Does your issue is solved or not? If it is solved and we are welcome you share the solution in here and that will help other community members, then we will help you close this thread.

If this issue persists, please redirect to this appropriate forum: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/tagged/tfs and start a new thread with ‘tfs’ tag to seek for a better support, since our forum is discuss the VS IDE, thank you for your understanding.

Best regards,

Sara

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

Monday, January 15, 2018 8:49 AM
  • Hi Sara,

Thanks so much for your support. I resolved my problem via your advise.

Have a nice day^^

Thoa

Friday, January 19, 2018 8:29 AM