none
Connector Failed on Configuring Computer Backup RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, I am trying to install the WHS Connector.  Every time it successfully will Join the Home Server, but on Configuring Computer Backup it fails with little explanation.  It asks me to make sure my server is powered on, but it just joined correctly.  This is also causes the computer to be half joined to the home server.  It will not show up in the list of computers in the home server console, but the registry entries are there.  I have figured out how to clean those but cannot get this connector to install.

Any ideas on what can cause a failure at Configuring Computer Backup?  I am running Win7 RTM 64
    If this was helpful, please mark as answered
    Blog: AttachedWPF
    AttachedWPF
    Sunday, September 6, 2009 2:33 PM

Answers

• I managed to get it working.  Even though the checks on port 55000 and 56000 were working correctly, i think the avast anti-virus was blocking the installer from working correctly.  I disabled it, ran the connector and everything installed fine.
    AttachedWPF
    Sunday, September 6, 2009 3:11 PM

All replies

• Hi,
    first step would be to reboot the server and see, if this solves the issue.
    Next to check - name resolution. (DNS servers pointing to ISPs DNS directly or attached DNS suffixes/search suffixes may cause connector software attempting name resolution for your WHS in the Internet instead of your home.)
    Check also the event log of client and server for related error messages.
    Sometimes also IIS is misconfigured on the server, especially if you installed other applications on it. I have seen postings showing the wrong ASP.NET version active causing such behavior, if I remember correctly.
    Best greetings from Germany
    Olaf
    Sunday, September 6, 2009 3:07 PM
  • I managed to get it working.  Even though the checks on port 55000 and 56000 were working correctly, i think the avast anti-virus was blocking the installer from working correctly.  I disabled it, ran the connector and everything installed fine.
    AttachedWPF
    Sunday, September 6, 2009 3:11 PM