OCS Group Chat - Help in configuring settings RRS feed

• Question

• I was wondering if someone could point me in the right direction for some tweaks we need done for our newly installed OCS Group Chat.  We are currently in the testing phase of Group Chat, and have been using MindAlign for quite some time in our company.  OCS Group Chat is a lot like MindAlign, however we cannot find where to modify simple settings.  For instance, we would like to disable emoticons, and the balloon popup invitations that are sent to a recipient when an IM is initiated (we would like to disable the invitations and have the message get delivered to the recipient immediately).  Also, when posting a URL in an IM, it converts to text to the recipient so they cannot click on it (if a URL is posted in a chat channel, it is clickable).  We installed the communicator to test some of its features.  Communicator is great because it offers so many settings to edit within the GPO (communicator.adm) (unlike groupchatconsole.adm),  however it does not offer group chat rooms.  It is definitely not ideal for our company to switch between two applications (Communicator and Group Chat) to get what we need.  I was hoping to get some guidance into some registry keys we could create/modify to get Group Chat to our standards or to allow Communicator and Group Chat work within the same window.

Friday, August 21, 2009 6:19 PM

All replies

• I'm new to OCS Group Chat but wonder if the GC Admin install will give you some of those settings?

Also, what install guide did you use to get GC working as I've run through the install twice, setup SQL correctly (I think) and still cant get any of the services to start.
    Monday, September 14, 2009 6:57 PM
  • Resolved with reconfig, closing
    • Proposed as answer by swisstonihasher Tuesday, September 22, 2009 8:44 AM
    Tuesday, September 22, 2009 8:44 AM