How do I make WWT go full screen (f11) from start up? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, this is probably a really easy question... how do I make WWT go into fullscreen mode automatically when it is started up?

Rather than having to press F11. Is there a command-line argument or a config.xml setting I can use?

We're using LayerScape Beta, on Windows 7.

Cheers, Andrew

Monday, June 4, 2012 6:24 AM

Answers

All replies

• Can you be more specific about your requirements? In the projector server mode, this happens directly, but we also have various KIOSK modes that have similar effects.

Please be more specific about how you want it to behave after it is launched? NO UI at all? or just act like the F11 was hit after launch? Run a tour? respond to touch?

Jonathan

Monday, June 4, 2012 6:26 PM
  • Hi Jonathan, I'd like it as though "F11" was pressed after launch.

The UI should still be available if the operator moves the pointer to the top or bottom of the screen.

BTW we'll be using an 'immersive' 3 PC set up of WWT with the 3D Solar System, at our Transit of Venus activities at the UWS Observatory.

Andrew.

eResearch / Uni of Western Sydney

• Edited by Alfski Tuesday, June 5, 2012 9:53 AM
    Tuesday, June 5, 2012 9:51 AM
  • Andrew,

Ok. Will take a look at it. Use the contact us link in the issues and bugs page to send me a private message if you need a build sooner than our next public release.

Jonathan

Tuesday, June 5, 2012 9:07 PM
  • We have a workaround --- we press F11  :-)  so it's nothing we need an immediately solution for.

Andrew

Wednesday, June 6, 2012 4:33 AM