Workflow stuck at "In Progress" - no Async service errors RRS feed

• Question

• Hello everybody,

I am having a very strange issue. My workflows are getting stuck at "In Progress" inside "System Jobs". I made some research on the issue, verified the Async service (running and no errors), references on the DeploymentProperties table (all correct), headers on IIS (referencing the right URL). I don't know what else to look or do. Does anybody have ay suggestions?

Versions are:
    CRM 4, Update Rollup 8 (installed CRM 4, installed 2 language packs, installed UR 7 and then installed UR 8)
    SQL Server 2008 SP1 CU2
    Both running on the same Windows 2008 server
    Friday, January 22, 2010 1:54 PM

Answers

• So I found a solution. If I set the AsyncSdkRootDomain to empty, the workflows work again. I did it via SQL:

Update DeploymentProperties SET NVarCharColumn = '' WHERE ColumnName = 'AsyncSdkRootDomain'

Thanks for your help anyway!
    • Marked as answer by thiagocesar Tuesday, February 9, 2010 6:33 PM
    Tuesday, February 9, 2010 6:32 PM
  • Hi
    Is this happening with every WorkFlow? Have they just stopped working? Is this a new CRM installation or an upgrade? Have you applied UR8 and then it stopped working?

Have you tried creating a new Workflow with a very basic set of rules just to test? Maybe something like creating an activity when a contact is created. Then try running this.

Rob

www.crmconsult.info www.chorusit.com
    Sunday, January 24, 2010 11:50 AM
  • If you will turn on Tracing on Dynamics CRM Server you can analyze logs for AsyncProcess. If it will be any error definitly you will be able to find in trace log.
    My Dynamics CRM Blog: http://bovoweb.blogspot.com
    Tuesday, January 26, 2010 11:04 AM

All replies

• Hi
    Is this happening with every WorkFlow? Have they just stopped working? Is this a new CRM installation or an upgrade? Have you applied UR8 and then it stopped working?

Have you tried creating a new Workflow with a very basic set of rules just to test? Maybe something like creating an activity when a contact is created. Then try running this.

Rob

www.crmconsult.info www.chorusit.com
    Sunday, January 24, 2010 11:50 AM
  • If you will turn on Tracing on Dynamics CRM Server you can analyze logs for AsyncProcess. If it will be any error definitly you will be able to find in trace log.
    My Dynamics CRM Blog: http://bovoweb.blogspot.com
    Tuesday, January 26, 2010 11:04 AM
  • So I found a solution. If I set the AsyncSdkRootDomain to empty, the workflows work again. I did it via SQL:

Update DeploymentProperties SET NVarCharColumn = '' WHERE ColumnName = 'AsyncSdkRootDomain'

Thanks for your help anyway!
    • Marked as answer by thiagocesar Tuesday, February 9, 2010 6:33 PM
    Tuesday, February 9, 2010 6:32 PM