Is my Version the same as my Server? RRS feed

• Question

• I don't know that this is a Validation issue as all of my things are valid, yet I am hoping you can help me with discovering what Valid thing it is that I have! I need to know which server number it is that is running on my computer. I am sorry for my computer illiteracy, but I need to discover WHAT my Windows Server is. I am having some issues with my computer, and there seem to be many ways and/or Hotfixes, but I am unsure of what Server I have and most all of the resolutions seem to revolve around that answer. I have Windows XP Home Edition,Version 2002, Service Pace 3... Where is it that I can discover which Server it is that I am using/have? I have looked in My Computer, System, Logs, and every where that I know where to look. Mind you, that is not very many places, though! If there is somewhere that this information is located at, could you please tell me? Or is there a place that you can go to that will read my computer and tell me? Thank you for your time.
    Friday, March 13, 2009 9:59 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hello Asibe 

Thank you for visiting the Windows Genuine Advantage (WGA) program forum.  Your post is out of scope for the WGA program forum. I suggest posting your question to the “Discussions in Windows XP General” or the “Discussions in Windows XP Newsgroups” here:

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone/newsgroups/reader.mspx?dg=microsoft.public.windowsxp.general&lang=en&cr=US

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone/newsgroups/reader.mspx

If you should have other non-WGA questions please visit our communities/articles/support webpage for helpful information: 

http://www.microsoft.com/atwork/support.mspx

Thank you for visiting the WGA program forum.

Stephen

Attention All Forum Users: Please Do Not post your issue in someone else's Thread...Create your own which will help minimize confusion. If any post fixes your issue, please click the "Post was Helpful" button for that post. This will help us showcase the threads that best help our customers. Thank you, Stephen Holm
    • Marked as answer by Stephen Holm Friday, March 13, 2009 10:59 PM
    Friday, March 13, 2009 10:59 PM
  • Thank you for your prompt response! I am sorry I posted a thread in the wrong area as I read the stuff that asked me not to. I didn't know and I apologize. I will go to where you have suggested immediately!! Again, thank you, and I apologize for the wrong post spot.
    Saturday, March 14, 2009 8:28 PM
  •  Hey Asibe,

You are very welcome...and no apologizes needed :-). Take care.

Stephen
    Attention All Forum Users: Please Do Not post your issue in someone else's Thread...Create your own which will help minimize confusion. If any post fixes your issue, please click the "Post was Helpful" button for that post. This will help us showcase the threads that best help our customers. Thank you, Stephen Holm
    Monday, March 16, 2009 5:19 PM