ICE won't load photos RRS feed

• Question

• I uploaded Microsoft ICE tonight and tried various ways to get it to load photos.  Everytime, I would get the error:  

"Could not stitch together any of the input images.  Please make sure your images are taken from one location and overlap one another.

E_INVALIDARG: An invalid parameter was passed to the returning function.  (Error code )x80070057 at 0% progress.)"

The thing is, I'm trying to stitch two simple jpg images with exactly the same exposure taken and LOTS of overlap that Photoshop was able to stitch quite easily.  I've tried to other panoramas, with the same problem.  I have tried feeding the program TIFF files instead of jpg, and also Canon raw files.  Same error.  I tried loading them directly from Lightroom.  That doesn't work either.  

Ugh.  Please help.  I am running Windows Vista 64 bit and I loaded the 64 bit version,

Thanks,

Bill

Sunday, May 26, 2013 7:31 AM

All replies

• Same problem since the spring. I am also running a 64 bit machine, but with Windows 8. My problem is also using Canon files. I have been a long-time ICE user and this is very sad to me. :(
    Sunday, August 18, 2013 2:59 PM
  • I got the same message after loading 1.4.4 64 bit on a Win 7 machine. The unstitched images were stored on a 3 TB disk. Moving the images to a smaller disk (500 GB) and selecting them for stitching from that location solved the problem. I created a temporary folder just for stitching. When I'm done I move the files back to where I want to keep them. It took about two hours worth of searching and reading in the forum to find others with similar experiences. Autostich64, by the way, works fine on images from the 3 TB disk.
    Tuesday, February 18, 2014 2:09 PM
  • This worked for me too. ICE would simply lock up when I tried to load files that were stored on an external 2TB drive. When I moved the files to my local hard drive (640GB) the program worked just fine.
    Wednesday, March 26, 2014 1:51 AM
  • Same thing:

Win8.1/64

ICE/32/64 - with compatibility modes, too

Images from 500GB HD, or 16GB Pendrive.

No messages in event log.

Strange: sometimes (First time after installation) - ICE works. But only once.

mmm

Wednesday, May 21, 2014 12:17 PM
  •  The unstitched images were stored on a 3 TB disk. Moving the images to a smaller disk (500 GB) and selecting them for stitching from that location solved the problem. I created a temporary folder just for stitching.

I'd always recommend doing so anyway. Copy n' paste into a workspace then edit finish and delete copies so originals were never touched.
    Wednesday, May 21, 2014 11:26 PM