HD on Second Controller... RRS feed

• Question

•  

I have 40G and 60G drives on my motherboard ATA controller.  I have a 160G drive on a second PCI Adaptec controller.

I want to load WHS on the 160G, but when I try to install it give me the 65G needed and 37G available message so many other people report.

I did have it load the driver for the Adaptec card and so far as I can tell in the install log WHS actually sees the drive -- but for some reason won't use it!?

Suggestions?

As far as I am concerned, this is a bug and a no-no.  Any good operating system ought to find all hardware and at least prompt for a driver  -- and if a satifactory driver is loaded then it ought to work.  Had this same problem in another company's beta and they agreed and fixed it.

bc

Friday, June 15, 2007 3:54 AM

All replies

• AIUI WHS installs on the first HD by default, if you swop the drives you'll get the install where you want it. You can then add the driver afterwards and add the disc that way.

I see your point about the install, but it's designed for a headless install where the OEM supply a recovery DVD, the user inserts it, reboots, waits, then runs the connector CD and completes the install from a client.

Gordon

Friday, June 15, 2007 9:47 AM