WHS Connector install failure on Windows 7 x64 RRS feed

• Question

• I recently purchased an HP EX490 and have been trying to install the WHS Connector software since then.  I've tried numerous versions of the WHS Connector software including the included disk, off of the 55000 port directly, and from download off of Microsoft's website.  Each time I attempt to install the WHS Connector software, I receive the following error: This operation cannot be completed at this time.  Please try again later.  If the problem persists, please contact Product Support.  I've about exhausted my ability to research this problem and troubleshoot it.  I've disabled my firewalls, forwarded my ports, yadda yadda yadda, to no avail.  I can ping the router from a Command Prompt, but not by name.  My home network is connected via a Linksys WCG200 Cable Gateway.  I've tried running the toolkit software with no success.  

The thing that really blows my mind is that I can install the WHS Connector software and ping the server by name in the Virtual XP Mode.  That leads me to believe that the problem can only be related to my copy of Windows 7.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.  

Sunday, January 2, 2011 5:59 PM

All replies

• See http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/whssoftware/thread/9f647b5c-fdce-4bb5-86ab-6036f7da17f9

Cruise

Sunday, January 2, 2011 7:26 PM