none
Off-line reader

All replies

• That has been on my wishlist too.  I've always been most comfortable using newsgroup readers.  Guess I'm old fashioned. :)
    Thursday, December 11, 2008 2:39 PM
  •  I would be happy if MS would even reply to post for example, none of the forum staff have replied to this post or this one http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/tnfeedback/thread/1de39359-52d5-4a64-9e8f-861e592a5f0e, they are really showing How much they care about the public by ignoring request for help.  My local MS team keeps telling me that MS is listening but from my experience this is clearly not True and there isn’t any that they can do to fix any issues. So for ever survey that I get the marks are getting low each time!
    Thursday, December 11, 2008 4:08 PM
  • I'll pass this on to the people who can actually answer the question...

Matt
    Matt Fraser, STO Forums Software Developer
    Thursday, December 11, 2008 5:59 PM
  • I looked at the included thread. It was to my mind posted to the wrong forum which would explain why it wasn't answered there.

That forum is for TechNet feedback. The question however was on the **forum software** (alerts in ...)

Hence it should have been here. (I've been recently moving threads like that one from there to this forum, but I didn't go backwards in time when I got moderator rights there)-

Which leaves open the question as to why Matt needs to "pass this on to the people who can actually answer the question." I can only assume he means the people responsible for the *Alerts* function for the forums.

Later: I see now it was posted to the TechNet website feedback in the *old* forums. I've never had Moderator rights there but the same argument applies that it is specifically about the forums (a sub-set of the TechNet web site) and not about the TechNet site itself. Hence if there was at that time a Forum feedback forum that would (still imo) apply.
    • Edited by Mike Walsh FIN Thursday, December 11, 2008 6:51 PM Later: added
    Thursday, December 11, 2008 6:47 PM
  • I'm speaking about the people who are developing an offline reader, not anythig to do with Alerts.
    Matt Fraser, STO Forums Software Developer
    Thursday, December 11, 2008 11:03 PM
  • > I'm speaking about the people who are developing an offline reader, not anythig to do with Alerts.

<grins> There have been several threads about the need for some indication as to which question a reply is a reply to.</grins> Working down the page it looked as if you were replying to " I would be happy if MS would even reply to post for example" which was just above your reply.

As far as I'm aware the only way we can get round this at the moment is to quote part of the comment we are replying to or to make it clear in our reply in some way (not always easy that so I'm for quoting even if I didn't!)

Friday, December 12, 2008 8:06 AM
  • Offline read/write is definitely still a high priority and we will have one or more solutions. We'll post here as soon as we're ready to share more information. I know it's been a long time coming, but we will get there.

-Andrew
    Forums Product Planner, Andrew.Brenner at Microsoft.com
    Saturday, December 13, 2008 5:56 AM
  •  

Andrew, I know that you have indirectly received email from me, recently. With no disrespect intended but this is sounding like a broke record! I want to see action! I can’t believe that it has take you this long to get a functioning reader! Particularly when you had a basic reader (not writer) back in July. (Which I provided feedback on!)

What is the hold up?

Feel free to email me directly.

Saturday, December 13, 2008 4:21 PM
  • I can't seem to find an email from you. Feel free to follow up with me directly in email though, address in my sig.

-Andrew

Forums Product Planner, Andrew.Brenner at Microsoft.com
    Tuesday, December 16, 2008 3:47 PM