Is it possible to merge in dynamic CRM to only copy activities and no other information? RRS feed

• Question

• I am currently using the dynamic CRM OOB merge dialog to merge master data to child record. But, the OOB functionality copies all the information. And I want only to copy activities and no other information. Is it possible??
    Is there any way to do this using plug-in or JavaScript or is there any other way..?
    Please help me.
    Friday, January 12, 2018 4:50 AM

All replies

• With a plugin you can do all kinds of things using C# code. So in this case it is important to trigger a plugin from for example a custom button (Merge activities). You could create a custom entity and trigger a plugin on create, with some parameters. The plugin needs to know which records need to be merged.  

Friday, January 12, 2018 7:31 AM
  • Thank you everyone for your replies.

Finally I have taken an approach to write Pre and Post operation plugin on merge message of master entity.
    On Pre merge operation I have retrieved collection of all related entities and context data. Stored it in a shared variable. And finally used it in post merge operation to revert the changes done by OOB Merge.
    And it worked!!
    Saturday, January 13, 2018 8:32 AM