Skipping junction entity while associating record. in N:N Relationship RRS feed

• Question

• Suppose I have two entities A-entity and B-entity  and got N:N relationship. I got requirement to use Junction entity instead of using Native N:N.

So I have  created a junction Entity  C-entity 

Now I have a Sub-grid for B-Entity in A-Entity.

While associating B-Entity record to A-Entity  I see C-entity form where two look-ups are there  one for A-Entity and auto-populated  and one look-up B-entity which need to be selected in order to Associate B-entity record to A-entity record.

My Question : While associating B-entity record to A-entity record , I don't want to see C-Entity Form, instead user experience should be same as what it is with Native N:N relationship. Clicking on + sign of Sub-grid should show sub-grid inline look-up for A-entity, even when clicked new in look-up, I wanna see new B-Entity form instead C-entity form

Any suggestions how to skip junction entity while associating records?

Thanks Regards Prashanth Kamasamudram Even the least work done for others awakens the power within; even thinking the least good of others gradually instills into the heart the strength of a lion.

Monday, April 14, 2014 1:24 PM

Answers

All replies

• I think my question is wrong.....Any way's  using junction entity to make associations.

But I found that I can associate one record  more than 1 time.  How to avoid this? I don't want to allow duplicates.....

Thanks Regards Prashanth Kamasamudram Even the least work done for others awakens the power within; even thinking the least good of others gradually instills into the heart the strength of a lion.

Tuesday, April 15, 2014 3:39 PM
  • Hi,

As you are using a manual n:n relationship, you can control this through plugin or using duplicate rule, if you have same record already which is associated with same a and b

Our Website | Our Blog | Follow US | My Facebook Page | Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 Application Design
    Make sure to "Vote as Helpful" and "Mark As Answer",if you get answer of your question.

Wednesday, April 16, 2014 8:31 AM
  •   Any link or reference please. This is a bit urgent...

Wednesday, April 16, 2014 9:24 AM
  • You did not mentioned which version you are using if you are using version before ms crm 2013, you can directly configure duplicate rules and compare lockup values, and if you are using ms crm 2013 check this

Our Website | Our Blog | Follow US | My Facebook Page | Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 Application Design
    Make sure to "Vote as Helpful" and "Mark As Answer",if you get answer of your question.

Thursday, April 17, 2014 1:49 AM