Cannot start Windows Live Mesh - advanced firewall problem RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

I cannot start Windows Live Mesh on Win7 pc with advanced firewall set to block all outgoing connections. 

I did allow 2 services (wlidsvc and wlcrasvc) and 3 programs (wlcomm, moe, wlsync ) to go out on all ports and protocols, and inbound ports are opened by installation itself (though there were no questions asked!).

At start, error is shown that computer must be connected to Internet and that after first signup I can use it offline. Of course, I'm online, and I find it unacceptable to allow all programs/services to go online in order to have Windows Live Mesh working :/

Just for info, Windows update services and remote desktop are working normally. Microsoft Security Essentials is used as antivirus. No other firewall avir is used.

So the real question is: to which other service/program i have to grant rights to go online?

Best regards and thank you for the info, Ivan

Monday, February 7, 2011 12:22 PM

Answers

•  

Since you are referring to Windows Live Mesh, not Live Mesh - www.mesh.com, you are in the wrong forum. Yes, the naming convention is confusing, though I like that they kept the Mesh name alive for the upgrade to Live Sync (formerly FolderShare).

For discussion of the new Windows Live Mesh (formerly Sync), (as well as the released Live Sync version) go here:

http://windowslivehelp.com/forums.aspx?productid=24

-steve

~ Microsoft MVP Windows Live ~ Windows Live OneCare| Live Mesh|MS Security Essentials Forums Moderator ~
    Monday, February 7, 2011 3:59 PM

All replies