Win XP Pro OEM unable to pass WGA test RRS feed

• Question

• I have purchased two separate Win XP Pro OEM packages for my newly built PC system (with different product keys for each).  In BOTH cases, after installing the Win XP Pro and activating it through the internet, when I run the WGA diag tool, I get the "Invalid Product Key".  The CD has all of the neccessay properties (wavy edge, the flag holagram, the genuine/microsoft holagrams etc) and seem genuine. 

The CoA also appears to be genuine as well with "Certificate of Authenticity X14-01711 with the label of "Windows XP Professional OEM Software", with one barcode number = E8505103 and another barcode number = 00045-271-901-387 on the label. 

Below is the output of the WGA diag tool from my 2nd Win XP install:

Diagnostic Report (1.9.0027.0):
    -----------------------------------------
    Windows Validation Data-->
    Validation Status: Invalid Product Key
    Validation Code: 8
    Cached Validation Code: N/A
    Windows Product Key: *****-*****-YF886-C7YDX-9P6BW
    Windows Product Key Hash: AHoLgnEiALRGuAFTvMyk0+jnoJo=
    Windows Product ID: 76487-011-4364236-22945
    Windows Product ID Type: 5
    Windows License Type: Retail
    Windows OS version: 5.1.2600.2.00010100.3.0.pro
    ID: {36F78850-1306-482B-BE5D-0F833F35BBDC}(3)
    Is Admin: Yes
    TestCab: 0x0
    LegitcheckControl ActiveX: N/A, hr = 0x80070002
    Signed By: N/A, hr = 0x80070002
    Product Name: N/A
    Architecture: N/A
    Build lab: N/A
    TTS Error: N/A
    Validation Diagnostic: 025D1FF3-230-1
    Resolution Status: N/A

Vista WgaER Data-->
    ThreatID(s): N/A
    Version: N/A

Windows XP Notifications Data-->
    Cached Result: N/A, hr = 0x80070002
    File Exists: No
    Version: N/A, hr = 0x80070002
    WgaTray.exe Signed By: N/A, hr = 0x80070002
    WgaLogon.dll Signed By: N/A, hr = 0x80070002

OGA Notifications Data-->
    Cached Result: N/A, hr = 0x80070002
    Version: N/A, hr = 0x80070002
    OGAExec.exe Signed By: N/A, hr = 0x80070002
    OGAAddin.dll Signed By: N/A, hr = 0x80070002

OGA Data-->
    Office Status: 109 N/A
    OGA Version: N/A, 0x80070002
    Signed By: N/A, hr = 0x80070002
    Office Diagnostics: B4D0AA8B-543-80070002_025D1FF3-230-1

Browser Data-->
    Proxy settings: N/A
    User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Win32)
    Default Browser: C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\IEXPLORE.exe
    Download signed ActiveX controls: Prompt
    Download unsigned ActiveX controls: Disabled
    Run ActiveX controls and plug-ins: Allowed
    Initialize and script ActiveX controls not marked as safe: Disabled
    Allow scripting of Internet Explorer Webbrowser control: Disabled
    Active scripting: Allowed
    Script ActiveX controls marked as safe for scripting: Allowed

File Scan Data-->

Other data-->
    Office Details: <GenuineResults><MachineData><UGUID>{36F78850-1306-482B-BE5D-0F833F35BBDC}</UGUID><Version>1.9.0027.0</Version><OS>5.1.2600.2.00010100.3.0.pro</OS><Architecture>x32</Architecture><PKey>*****-*****-*****-*****-9P6BW</PKey><PID>76487-011-4364236-22945</PID><PIDType>5</PIDType><SID>S-1-5-21-682003330-842925246-1801674531</SID><SYSTEM><Manufacturer>Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd.</Manufacturer><Model>X58A-UD3R</Model></SYSTEM><BIOS><Manufacturer>Award Software International, Inc.</Manufacturer><Version>FA</Version><SMBIOSVersion major="2" minor="4"/><Date>20100420000000.000000+000</Date></BIOS><HWID>E1703C170184FA7F</HWID><UserLCID>0409</UserLCID><SystemLCID>0409</SystemLCID><TimeZone>Eastern Standard Time(GMT-05:00)</TimeZone><iJoin>0</iJoin><SBID><stat>3</stat><msppid></msppid><name></name><model></model></SBID><OEM/><GANotification/></MachineData><Software><Office><Result>109</Result><Products/><Applications/></Office></Software></GenuineResults> 

Licensing Data-->
    N/A

Windows Activation Technologies-->
    N/A

HWID Data-->
    N/A

OEM Activation 1.0 Data-->
    BIOS string matches: yes
    Marker string from BIOS: 14E80:SYNNEX TECHNOLOGY INTERNATIONAL CORP|14E80:SYNNEX TECHNOLOGY INTERNATIONAL CORP|14E80:SYNNEX TECHNOLOGY INTERNATIONAL CORP
    Marker string from OEMBIOS.DAT: N/A, hr = 0x80004005

OEM Activation 2.0 Data-->
    N/A

Saturday, August 28, 2010 5:08 AM

Answers

• Hello wilson3ww,

Discs that have an OEM package and hologram, but nevertheless install a retail installation of Windows, are counterfeit, no matter how good they look.

Either send them back to the sellers for refunds since they fail the WGA Validations test, or send them to Microsoft for evaluation as high-quality counterfeits.  Go to www.microsoft.com/genuine and click on the Validate Windows button.  When these installations fail Validation, as Noel posted, follow the prompts to Learn More Online or Resolve Now and look for the links to submit your product for evaluation and participation in the Complimentary Replacement program.

Please remember to come back here to let us know how it all turns out.

Buy Office 2007 Now, Get Office 2010 Free http://office2010.microsoft.com/en-us/tech-guarantee/microsoft-office-2010-technology-guarantee-FX101825695.aspx?CTT=97
    Monday, August 30, 2010 1:04 PM

All replies

• "wilson3ww" wrote in message news:287f4401-144a-4186-b71c-80f59f458359...

I have purchased two separate Win XP Pro OEM packages for my newly built PC system (with different product keys for each).  In BOTH cases, after installing the Win XP Pro and activating it through the internet, when I run the WGA diag tool, I get the "Invalid Product Key".  The CD has all of the neccessay properties (wavy edge, the flag holagram, the genuine/microsoft holagrams etc) and seem genuine. 

The CoA also appears to be genuine as well with "Certificate of Authenticity X14-01711 with the label of "Windows XP Professional OEM Software", with one barcode number = E8505103 and another barcode number = 00045-271-901-387 on the label. 

Below is the output of the WGA diag tool from my 2nd Win XP install:

Diagnostic Report (1.9.0027.0):
    -----------------------------------------
    Windows Validation Data-->
    Validation Status: Invalid Product Key
    Validation Code: 8
    Cached Validation Code: N/A
    Windows Product Key: *****-*****-YF886-C7YDX-9P6BW
    Windows Product Key Hash: AHoLgnEiALRGuAFTvMyk0+jnoJo=
    Windows Product ID: 76487-011-4364236-22945
    Windows Product ID Type: 5
    Windows License Type: Retail
    Windows OS version: 5.1.2600.2.00010100.3.0.pro

You say that you bought OEM copies - but the install here is of a Retail copy.
    You need to take a CLOSE look at the disk - is the hologram a stick-on?
    Where did you buy from?

--

Noel Paton | Nil Carborundum Illegitemi | CrashFixPC | The Three-toed Sloth
    Saturday, August 28, 2010 9:35 PM
  • The holagrams on the CD are real and not stick-ons.

I purchased one OEM kit on AMAZON and the other OEM kit from Ebay.

Both packages were sealed (I know anyone can reseal a package) and the CoA sticker indicates that the package is OEM and is labeled as "Windows XP Professional OEM Software".  The package is a little booklet with the blue Windows XP cover with the following:

"This OEM software may not be delivered unless accompanied by the required hardware under the Microsoft OEM System Builder License located at http://www.microsoft.com/oem/sblicense/.  End-user support is the responsibility of the installer of this software.  0304 Part no.X10-52148"

Now when I look at both CDs, BOTH cds have the part number of 0504 Part no.X10-59871 !!

SHOULD THE PART NUMBER ON THE cd AND THE PART NUMBER ON THE BOOKET BE THE SAME ??  If so, then someone is switching out the correct CDs and mixing in the incorrect CDs and reselling it ! 

Saturday, August 28, 2010 10:45 PM
  • "wilson3ww" wrote in message news:16c141e5-586b-4d2a-80e6-be3e94377a06...

The holagrams on the CD are real and not stick-ons.

I purchased one OEM kit on AMAZON and the other OEM kit from Ebay.

Both packages were sealed (I know anyone can reseal a package) and the CoA sticker indicates that the package is OEM and is labeled as "Windows XP Professional OEM Software".  The package is a little booklet with the blue Windows XP cover with the following:

"This OEM software may not be delivered unless accompanied by the required hardware under the Microsoft OEM System Builder License located at http://www.microsoft.com/oem/sblicense/.  End-user support is the responsibility of the installer of this software.  0304 Part no.X10-52148"

Now when I look at both CDs, BOTH cds have the part number of 0504 Part no.X10-59871 !!

SHOULD THE PART NUMBER ON THE cd AND THE PART NUMBER ON THE BOOKET BE THE SAME ??  If so, then someone is switching out the correct CDs and mixing in the incorrect CDs and reselling it ! 

Both Amazon MarketPlace, and eBay are rife with fake software - official figures put it at over 50% overall, but I'd be surprised if the figures for Windows or Office software were less than 90%
    WRT the Part numbers - if you look closely at all the paperwork, you'll see that each different piece has a different part number (I don't have one to hand at the moment, so can't check the exact numbers). Googling "X10-59871" shows it to be an OEM XP Pro SP2 disk, as expected (I'd be surprised at any faker making such an elementary mistake).

Look at the COA Stickers, and compare them with the example here....

--

Saturday, August 28, 2010 11:22 PM
  • I have checked my CoA against your link and everything looks correct !

So now the CD part number appears to be correct for the OEM XP Pro SP2 (version 2002), yet why does the WGA test indicate that this CD is a "Retail" version ??

I truely believe that the complete OEM XP Pro packages that I purchased (twice over) are genuine.  Every attribute of the CD halograms check out with the microsoft web page reference, especially the "genuine/microsoft" holagram contained in the inner hub ring.  Every attribute of the CoA appears to be correct as well referencing the above link, including the two holes, one somewhat circular on the left while the right hole is squarish.  The barcodes are where they should be on the CoA including the large light blue watermark of "M" across the CoA.

ALL of the attributes with this package appears correct and I have yet to find one discrepency, either on the CD itself or on the CoA.

How can I resolve this ??  Can I send this complete package to someone at Microsoft for further diagnostics and validation ??  Is there anything else I can do on my end to help resolve this ??

HELP !!

Sunday, August 29, 2010 9:34 PM
  • "wilson3ww" wrote in message news:032334ac-518b-40a3-a103-fbe87bb78b10...

I have checked my CoA against your link and everything looks correct !

So now the CD part number appears to be correct for the OEM XP Pro SP2 (version 2002), yet why does the WGA test indicate that this CD is a "Retail" version ??

I truely believe that the complete OEM XP Pro packages that I purchased (twice over) are genuine.  Every attribute of the CD halograms check out with the microsoft web page reference, especially the "genuine/microsoft" holagram contained in the inner hub ring.  Every attribute of the CoA appears to be correct as well referencing the above link, including the two holes, one somewhat circular on the left while the right hole is squarish.  The barcodes are where they should be on the CoA including the large light blue watermark of "M" across the CoA.

ALL of the attributes with this package appears correct and I have yet to find one discrepency, either on the CD itself or on the CoA.

How can I resolve this ??  Can I send this complete package to someone at Microsoft for further diagnostics and validation ??  Is there anything else I can do on my end to help resolve this ??

HELP !!

I've gone as far as I know how on this one - Darin (the forum owner) will be back Monday (Redmond daytime), hopefully, and may be able to assist further.
    The only other thing I can suggest is to try Telephone activation, and when asked which service you require, do not answer. This should force an operator to respond, to whom you can explain your problem (point them at this thread), and hopefully they'll be able to sort things out.

--

Sunday, August 29, 2010 10:26 PM
  • I have been trying to find the phone number for the telephone activation.  Do you have it ??  Since I have already activated my XP pro, the telephone number no longer shows up.

I have also taken some macro pics of my CoA and the CD that has great details and one could see (at a Macro picture level) that all appears to be genuine.  Is there anyway I can send these pics to someone for further investigation ?  Of course, the pics of my CoA has the first 15 digits of the product key erased.

Again, all of the attributes of my OEM XP Pro package appears to be authentic and genuine, the CoA, all of the holagrams on the CD itself, and I cannot find one discrepency with this package (other than not being able to pass the WGA test for genuine authenticity). 

If this package is truely a fraud/fake, then whoever produced this work was DAMN GOOD at it.

Again, I am willing to send the complete package to someone for further diagnostics/investigation so I can understand why the WGA test is failing.  Is it not possible that the WGA system has holes (incomplete database of product keys) or has a bug ?? 

Sunday, August 29, 2010 10:46 PM
  • "wilson3ww" wrote in message news:279751bc-1e42-4960-8d89-ed2e5d36fcee...

I have been trying to find the phone number for the telephone activation.  Do you have it ??  Since I have already activated my XP pro, the telephone number no longer shows up.

I have also taken some macro pics of my CoA and the CD that has great details and one could see (at a Macro picture level) that all appears to be genuine.  Is there anyway I can send these pics to someone for further investigation ?  Of course, the pics of my CoA has the first 15 digits of the product key erased.

Again, all of the attributes of my OEM XP Pro package appears to be authentic and genuine, the CoA, all of the holagrams on the CD itself, and I cannot find one discrepency with this package (other than not being able to pass the WGA test for genuine authenticity). 

If this package is truely a fraud/fake, then whoever produced this work was DAMN GOOD at it.

Again, I am willing to send the complete package to someone for further diagnostics/investigation so I can understand why the WGA test is failing.  Is it not possible that the WGA system has holes (incomplete database of product keys) or has a bug ?? 

Microsoft Activation Centers Worldwide Telephone Numbers:
    http://www.microsoft.com/licensing/existing-customers/activation-centers.aspx
    (This site is for Volume License Activation but if you call they will help you)

If you follow the links from the notification, it should get you to the pages where you can see about a Complementary Genuine Kit - which requires that you send your full package to MS
    Microsoft's Complimentary replacement program.   See this part of the FAQ:  http://www.microsoft.com/genuine/downloads/FAQ.aspx?displaylang=en#ID0EFIAC
    --

Monday, August 30, 2010 12:44 AM
  • Hello wilson3ww,

Discs that have an OEM package and hologram, but nevertheless install a retail installation of Windows, are counterfeit, no matter how good they look.

Either send them back to the sellers for refunds since they fail the WGA Validations test, or send them to Microsoft for evaluation as high-quality counterfeits.  Go to www.microsoft.com/genuine and click on the Validate Windows button.  When these installations fail Validation, as Noel posted, follow the prompts to Learn More Online or Resolve Now and look for the links to submit your product for evaluation and participation in the Complimentary Replacement program.

Please remember to come back here to let us know how it all turns out.

Buy Office 2007 Now, Get Office 2010 Free http://office2010.microsoft.com/en-us/tech-guarantee/microsoft-office-2010-technology-guarantee-FX101825695.aspx?CTT=97
    Monday, August 30, 2010 1:04 PM