How to install the share point/project server 2013 service pack 1 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have already installed the share point/project server 2013(on same server) and now i want to update the both servers to service pack 1.

please sugest me the correctsteps

Thursday, September 17, 2015 4:07 AM

Answers

• Hello,

In terms of pre-requisites I would say the following if this is a production server:

• Test the deployment on a replica TEST / Pre-Production farm then ask key users to fully test the farm after, if all tests are fine move on. Take a full back ups of the test farm before making any changes so you can roll back if needed
    •  Arrange an outage on the Production farm
    • Shut down all servers in the production farm and take full back ups, virtual machine back ups / snap shots and full farm database backups etc. This is so that you have a restore point if you need to roll back etc.
    • Turn on the SQL server, once this is running start the SharePoint / Project Server servers
    • Ensure you have sufficient disk space free of the SQL / App / Web servers, I normally say around 2 GB free to be safe but the more the better just in case - may be more on the SQL server depending on the database sizes
    • Run the SP1 installers (SharePoint Server SP1 and Project Server SP1) on all SP / PS servers in the farm
    • Run the SharePoint Products Configuration wizard on the server running Central Admin first, then once complete run it on other servers in the farm one at a time
    • Fully test the farm, if all is fine stop the outage and advise users the system is back in use

Paul

Paul Mather | Twitter | http://pwmather.wordpress.com | CPS | MVP | Downloads

• Marked as answer by PWMatherMVP Wednesday, April 6, 2016 10:50 AM
    Thursday, September 17, 2015 8:38 AM

All replies

• Thanks for reply,

i know these steps, i ask about the pre-requisites of the share point/project server 2013 service pack 1 installation.

Thursday, September 17, 2015 6:53 AM
  • Hello,

In terms of pre-requisites I would say the following if this is a production server:

• Test the deployment on a replica TEST / Pre-Production farm then ask key users to fully test the farm after, if all tests are fine move on. Take a full back ups of the test farm before making any changes so you can roll back if needed
    •  Arrange an outage on the Production farm
    • Shut down all servers in the production farm and take full back ups, virtual machine back ups / snap shots and full farm database backups etc. This is so that you have a restore point if you need to roll back etc.
    • Turn on the SQL server, once this is running start the SharePoint / Project Server servers
    • Ensure you have sufficient disk space free of the SQL / App / Web servers, I normally say around 2 GB free to be safe but the more the better just in case - may be more on the SQL server depending on the database sizes
    • Run the SP1 installers (SharePoint Server SP1 and Project Server SP1) on all SP / PS servers in the farm
    • Run the SharePoint Products Configuration wizard on the server running Central Admin first, then once complete run it on other servers in the farm one at a time
    • Fully test the farm, if all is fine stop the outage and advise users the system is back in use

Paul

Paul Mather | Twitter | http://pwmather.wordpress.com | CPS | MVP | Downloads

• Marked as answer by PWMatherMVP Wednesday, April 6, 2016 10:50 AM
    Thursday, September 17, 2015 8:38 AM