MSCRM 2011: Auto populate the parent entity record attributes values on child entity while clicking on the Add new button RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have a account entity in that I have some attributes like Account Name, Mobile Number , Address and Contact Person Name.
    Now  I want to create a new Contact in Account entity upon clicking on the Add New Contact..

I want to auto populate fill the attributes on contact entity  Account Name, Mobile Number , Address and Contact Person Name in the new Contact Record.

Can some suggest me which approach is the best way to do this kind of requirements.

That would be appreciate.

Thanks,

• Edited by Rahul-22 Saturday, May 24, 2014 2:50 PM
    Saturday, May 24, 2014 2:50 PM

Answers

• Hi,

You could use mappings in this situation. Follow this path: settings > customization > customize the system > entities > account > 1:N relations. Find the relation with contact. Then open it and in the navigation bar go to the mapping. In the mapping section you could add your desired mappings between the fields of the same type. Then, when you add a contact from the account form it auto populates from the account.

Furthermore, in case you add a contact from other paths than the account form, you could use an AJAX call to the server to populate the fields from parent.

Persian Dynamics CRM Community | انجمن متخصصان فارسی زبان

• Proposed as answer by Guido PreiteMVP Saturday, May 24, 2014 4:28 PM
    • Marked as answer by Rahul-22 Monday, May 26, 2014 7:13 AM
    Saturday, May 24, 2014 4:04 PM