Can not access forums!!!!!!!!!!! RRS feed

• Question

• Last ~3 hours I spent trying to access forums from either Google Chrome or Internet Explorer. I tried many different things and it looked like I was able to see the forums until I tried to log in. As soon, as I attempted to log in, I started to get timeouts.

I experienced the similar behavior yesterday, although briefly (for about an hour).

I cleared browser history in IE (everything), performed similar actions in GC - nothing helped.

I am finally able to log in using FireFox, which is the browser I rarely use.

Please help, it is very time consuming to try to log in to get these timeouts.

Thanks in advance.

For every expert, there is an equal and opposite expert. - Becker's Law

My blog
    Tuesday, September 6, 2011 8:23 PM

Answers

All replies

• I'll check with ops.
    Community Forums Program Manager
    Tuesday, September 6, 2011 9:24 PM
    Answerer
  • My problem also is that I am absolutely helpless in this situation. I don't know who/what e-mail address I need to contact to get assistance if the situation repeats itself.

My blog
    Tuesday, September 6, 2011 9:31 PM
  • Posting here is your best bet. I checked with ops they haven't seen anything unusual on their side that speaks to any obvious widespread issues. Is this still happening?
    Wednesday, September 7, 2011 2:50 AM
    Answerer
  • Not right now, luckily, but since it happened two days in a row I am a bit cautious it may repeat again. On Monday it lasted about 1h., today ~3 hours. I was trying to access threads and instead was getting timeout errors. 

So, how am I supposed to post here if I am unable to access the forums? This will be a typical CATCH 22 situation - getting error while trying to report an error :)

My blog

• Edited by Naomi N Wednesday, September 7, 2011 3:22 AM
    Wednesday, September 7, 2011 3:19 AM
  • Do you have my email? If not I'll get it to you.
    Wednesday, September 7, 2011 4:55 AM
    Answerer
  • No, I don't have it. I have some other people emails who helped me before. I emailed them yesterday, but didn't get any answer.

I appreciate if you can e-mail me, so I will be able to contact you directly in these cases.

My blog
    Wednesday, September 7, 2011 1:03 PM
  • You can go here: http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/STOCustomerPanel/threads  My contact info is in the Forum Announcement in this private forum, only you can view it.
    • Marked as answer by Naomi N Wednesday, September 7, 2011 8:56 PM
    Wednesday, September 7, 2011 8:35 PM
    Answerer
  • Thanks.

My blog
    Wednesday, September 7, 2011 8:55 PM