Any update on SyncToy Fix for NAS file corruption? RRS feed

• Question

• Any update as to when SyncToy will be fixed for the NAS file corruption issue?
    Friday, May 15, 2009 3:35 PM

Answers

• Hi -

Liam answers the question nicely in this thread
    http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en/synctoy/thread/71f6f17a-0416-4120-85a0-1b6a1f105920 

And I pasted the respose here as well. This fix will be available only in our next release.

I wanted to jump in here and also add some clarification on top of what Deepa has stated.  Our next release of SyncToy will be based on Sync Framework v2.  Based on the EULA (End User Licesnse Agreement) of Sync Framework, we are not able to release an official public technology based on the existing CTP's (Community Technology Previews) that are currently available for Sync Framework v2.  As such, you will not see the next version of SyncToy released until after Sync Framework v2 has been released (which is not scheduled until later in this calendar year) and as Deepa mentioned above we have not yet announced an official release date for the next version of SyncToy.

I would like to appologize for any confusion on any of this.

Liam
    Program Manager, Data Replication and Synchronization - http://msdn.microsoft.com/sync/

Deepa ( Microsoft Sync Framework)
    Wednesday, June 10, 2009 6:38 PM

All replies

• It's now 10 months since the NAS issue was first raised on this forum, and something about this answer to another question:

Hi all,

We are still in process testing SyncToy on Windows 7. so as for now, we will not officially support Windows 7 until on or soon after the OS ships.

Basically SyncToy functionalities should work as on Vista. please send us any issues or recommendataions for SyncToy, or issues on Windows 7 Beta that you encountered.

Thanks

Yunwen

makes me think the next version of SyncToy will be released to be fully compatible with Windows 7 - and released after Windows 7 ships.

I know I'm reading a lot into a simple answer to a different question, but I think Microsoft has bigger fish to fry right now.

Hope I'm wrong, because I used to find it was a useful tool - so I was disappointed to check back to this forum and find the NAS issue still hasn't been fixed.
    Wednesday, May 20, 2009 9:17 PM
  • Any news?
    Wednesday, June 10, 2009 12:09 PM
  • Hi -

Liam answers the question nicely in this thread
    http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en/synctoy/thread/71f6f17a-0416-4120-85a0-1b6a1f105920 

And I pasted the respose here as well. This fix will be available only in our next release.

I wanted to jump in here and also add some clarification on top of what Deepa has stated.  Our next release of SyncToy will be based on Sync Framework v2.  Based on the EULA (End User Licesnse Agreement) of Sync Framework, we are not able to release an official public technology based on the existing CTP's (Community Technology Previews) that are currently available for Sync Framework v2.  As such, you will not see the next version of SyncToy released until after Sync Framework v2 has been released (which is not scheduled until later in this calendar year) and as Deepa mentioned above we have not yet announced an official release date for the next version of SyncToy.

I would like to appologize for any confusion on any of this.

Liam
    Program Manager, Data Replication and Synchronization - http://msdn.microsoft.com/sync/

Deepa ( Microsoft Sync Framework)
    Wednesday, June 10, 2009 6:38 PM
  • Indications up to this point would lead one to believe the NAS v Sync Toy 2.1 issue has either been placed on hold or put on the back burner due to either lack of interest or a more progressive direction or "who cares".  Last post of May 2009 and with 3 replys, and over 5,800 views, either indicates absolutely no progress from the Microsoft prospective, or a larger abandonment away from Sync Toy as a usable and marketable item.   With the introduction of more and more storage hardward, and the shift to media storage devices, progression seems to have answered it's own question's.  It does seem to follow the industry and the lack of personal interaction from the software industry. Began to get suspicious when we decided to rename x64 and x32 systems, to x64 and x86.  Great way to conceal with no answers.  We will just let "them figure it out". Fix or no fix, that is the question?
    Saturday, December 31, 2011 1:57 AM