site not indexed RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

I submitted my website and sitemap around 2-3months ago and is still not been indexed.my site is indexed fine on Google and Yahoo

can anyone plz check for me

site: onecamonly.com

thanks

Wednesday, September 24, 2008 3:31 PM

Answers

• Hi,

I could not find a robots.txt file located at onecamonly.com/robots.txt nor could I find a sitemap at onecamonly.com/sitemap.xml

Could you provide such links to me?

If you aren't using a robots.txt file, I highly recommend using one. If nothing else, it is a great place to place a link to your sitemap for our crawler.

You are now in our index:

http://search.live.com/results.aspx?q=site%3Aonecamonly.com&src=IE-SearchBox

Wednesday, October 1, 2008 8:03 PM

All replies

• Hi,

I will review your site and get back to you within a few days. Please be patient.

Thanks,

Brett

Wednesday, September 24, 2008 4:05 PM
  • alright. thanks
    Wednesday, September 24, 2008 6:06 PM
  •  Brett Yount wrote:

Hi,

I will review your site and get back to you within a few days. Please be patient.

Thanks,

Brett

any update
    Friday, September 26, 2008 10:57 PM
  • Hi, 

Sorry for the delay. You are in the queue but there are about six people ahead of you. Due to the nature of other's issues and not knowing what we have until we review their sites, my rough estimate is end of next week.

Brett
    Friday, September 26, 2008 11:21 PM
  • Maybe you need to pass it again to live or just try to experiment other method. Do you have a sitemap, robot.txt, and feeds?
    Saturday, September 27, 2008 12:06 PM
  • Ok, i guess that it takes some time to review my collect fortune website too.  Does it suppose to get it done automatically?

Saturday, September 27, 2008 10:17 PM
  •  Jwebz wrote:
    Maybe you need to pass it again to live or just try to experiment other method. Do you have a sitemap, robot.txt, and feeds?

yes, i have a sitemap
    Tuesday, September 30, 2008 12:33 AM
  • Hi,

I could not find a robots.txt file located at onecamonly.com/robots.txt nor could I find a sitemap at onecamonly.com/sitemap.xml

Could you provide such links to me?

If you aren't using a robots.txt file, I highly recommend using one. If nothing else, it is a great place to place a link to your sitemap for our crawler.

You are now in our index:

http://search.live.com/results.aspx?q=site%3Aonecamonly.com&src=IE-SearchBox

Wednesday, October 1, 2008 8:03 PM
  • my sitemap is
    http://onecamonly.com/sitemap_index.xml.gz

and i added a robot.txt

Friday, October 3, 2008 5:06 PM
  • Beboo you may want to consider using the naming format Brett mentions.  A long time ago we had some trouble with the live bot when we had another name.  It is also sensitive to the robots file, did you run it through the live tool validator?  Way back we had a problem with the html on our page and I still think that caused it to browse  but not index the site. Even today we still find it, we've had one  or two product pages that it wouldn't index and still hasn't indexed either because the name is so common - heavy duty air compressor - and is probably used in hundreds of thousands of pages across the web or an earlier html error went uncorrected many times and now the page is ignored   As others have said all you can do is keep trying.  It took about 4 months for our site to get an initial index and another 3 months for it to get deep indexed by Live.  They've greatly improved their processes and at this point are as fast as everyone else.

Start with the XML file and make sure it's conforming to the standard format, make sure you have the robots file, make sure you've validated with a proper xml file and beyond that build links.

Saturday, October 4, 2008 12:11 AM