MS CRM 2013 Opportunity Product Subgrid RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All

Opportunity entity. Product subgrid issue.

I select multiple products from the lookup records but when I click add button, it shows me only one product in subgrid.

I want to add multiple product. Check screen shot below.

Please help me on this..

Friday, February 28, 2014 11:38 AM

Answers

All replies

• This behavior does seem odd - it may be a bug. If it is critical you should open a support ticket otherwise log on the Connect site

Jason Lattimer
    My Blog -  Follow me on Twitter -  LinkedIn

Friday, February 28, 2014 1:55 PM
  • It's a known bug in MS CRM 2013. Even you select the previously selected it will add as a new record. We have to raise a product bug to microsoft.

Regards,

Bangar Raju Sunkari

S.B.RAju...!

Sunday, March 2, 2014 1:45 PM
  • Hi Guys,

Can anyone describe how this opportunity product subgrid works? We are facing serious issues on this.

I am not able to understand this.....

1. Why does clicking + on the Opportunity Product subgrid opens up the lookup for Price List Items? Shouldn't it open the Opty Product lookup or even Product lookup?

2. The records that we are selecting here seems to be Price List items records and not the Opty product/Product records. Check in the selected records in the screenshot above. The icons in the selected list is of Pricelist. Why are we suppose to select Price List records here?

I tried to follow up with the product team, but got no answers yet.

Does anyone have any information about the above?

Thanks,

Swaroop

Monday, April 21, 2014 8:26 PM
  • HI Swaroop,

This functionality is correct.  You choose a single price list for the opportunity.  You are only allowed to associate products that are on the selected price list.

Price lists are usually grouped logically, by type of customer (wholesale, retail) or country (US, Canada, Mexico).  Often some products are only available to a particular type of customer or in a particular country.  This prevents you from selling a product to a customer that is not allowed to purchase it or pricing a product incorrectly for the particular customer.

Tom

Tuesday, April 22, 2014 12:13 PM