none
I cant see all of the shared folders from the remote access UI RRS feed

• Question

• Hello friends.  I'm having a problem getting to see a folder that I created on the server from the Shared Folders tab on the remote web access.

I can see all of the customary folders fine.... (video, music, photo...)  And I Can even see a couple folders that I created using the Desktop User interface "shared folders" option tab and adding it from there, however, I created another folder that I have been using for some time, and I have no problem accessing it from my desktops withing my network using the Desktop shortcut to "Shared Folders" but I want this file to be viewable from the remote user access, and I don't know how to do it????  can anyone help?

Thursday, April 22, 2010 9:38 PM

All replies

• Hello friends.  I'm having a problem getting to see a folder that I created on the server from the Shared Folders tab on the remote web access.

I can see all of the customary folders fine.... (video, music, photo...)  And I Can even see a couple folders that I created using the Desktop User interface "shared folders" option tab and adding it from there, however, I created another folder that I have been using for some time, and I have no problem accessing it from my desktops withing my network using the Desktop shortcut to "Shared Folders" but I want this file to be viewable from the remote user access, and I don't know how to do it????  can anyone help?

You can only see folders that you have permission to through the Remote Access website.  Does the user account you're using to logon to the Remote Access website have at least read permissions on the share in question?
    Friday, April 23, 2010 4:02 AM
  • In addition to what kariya21 says, please note that shares created outside the Windows Home Server UI (i.e. from the desktop, as you did) are not supported by Windows Home Server. I would guess that there is some difference between those shares you created that work correctly, and the one that doesn't; this difference is where I would start looking.
    I'm not on the WHS team, I just post a lot. :)
    Saturday, April 24, 2010 3:33 AM