help!!!! RRS feed

• Question

•  

look im 14. k my grandma got me this new computer on christmas in 2007. i need 2 renew the one care thing. the problem is that she passed away in june. and i cant figue out the password. how do i change the email 2 my dad's email? please help!
    Wednesday, December 3, 2008 1:46 AM

Answers

• I think your easiest and best solution will be to create a new subscription for OneCare using your own LiveID. If you chase after the current LiveID and password, you'll need to pay full retail price and provide a credit card for the Billing profile for that ID, which is apparently not yours, but your late Grandmother's or one set up by the store she purchased the PC at for you. You can buy a new retail copy of OneCare for less than full retail from many store. Amazon is selling it for $19.95 plus shipping, for example.

If OneCare has already expired, uninstall it and reinstall the trial from http://onecare.live.com and then you will 15 days until you need to activate/subscribe by providing a credit card or using a retail key from inside the box.

If it hasn't yet expired, wait until it does before reinstalling and subscribing with your LiveID.

-steve

Wednesday, December 3, 2008 3:28 AM