E-mail router 2011 - "Send as Permision" in outgoing profile RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all.

We need to send emails via Email router using IFD deployment. We set in outgoing profile these parameters - Access Credentials: Other Specified, User Type: Administrator, Username and Password, Access Type: Send as permission. On Exchange server a "Send as" permision for user, which is filled in username, is granted.

When I sent email, I found in event log this error: Microsoft.Crm.Tools.Email.Providers.EmailException: Error: The user account which was used to submit this request does not have the right to send mail on behalf of the specified sending account. Email have had status sending.

Why does the router want "On behalf" permission? If it is set as in the description above then the mail is received from user specified in outgoing profile, but i want to send e-mails as user specified in email as sender.

Does anybody have any tip?

Thanks

Milan

Wednesday, July 27, 2011 8:14 AM

All replies

• Because you are using administrator account to send the emails out on other user's behalf. Try to go to personal setting of the user who is sending the email. On email tab select allow other users to send email on my behalf.

This will solve the problem.

Amreek singh Senior CRM Consultant CDC Praxa Sydney,Australia http://mscrmshop.blogspot.com/
    Wednesday, July 27, 2011 1:35 PM
  • Hi Amreek.

Unfortunately this is not a problem. We have already set this option. Any else tip?

Michal

Thursday, July 28, 2011 6:59 AM
  • Hi Amreek, as Michal mentioned, this did not solve our problem. To sum up the situation.

we have a user "CRMadmin", who is an administrator in CRM and has enabled "allow other users to send email on my behalf" and "Allow e-mail user to use my credentials to send message" with filled credentials to. This user has mailbox in Exchange 2010

This user is set in e-mail router to authenticate to the CRM server.

Then we have the user "CRMMail", who is not in CRM and has mailbox in Exchange 2010. This account has granted "Send As" permission. This account is set as described in the first post.

Customer is using Exchange 2010 and following commands has been run

New-ManagementRoleAssignment –Name: "CRM Email Router” -User: "crmmail@ORG.com"   –Role:"ApplicationImpersonation"

Add-MailboxPermission -Identity "CRM Admin" -User crmmail -Accessright Fullaccess -InheritanceType all

when I try to send an e-mail message from CRMadmin from CRM to any e-mail address then we get the mentioned error. Once we grant the delegate rights then it is sent on behalf.

Milan

Thursday, July 28, 2011 7:38 AM