none
MANAGED CODE and UNMANAGED CODE APLLICATIONS RRS feed

• Question

• UNMANAGED CODE  EXAMPLE:    INTERNET EXPLORER

MANAGED CODE    EXAMPLE:   ?

CAN U PLEASE TELL ME MORE EXAMPLES.

Mr.GMKREDDY
    • Moved by Alexander Sun Friday, July 1, 2011 5:32 AM (From:.NET Framework Setup)
    Wednesday, June 29, 2011 4:54 AM

Answers

• Visual Studio 2010

Expression Blend

Windows 7 Power Shell

I'm sure there hundreds more.

• Marked as answer by Mr.GMKREDDY Saturday, July 9, 2011 3:04 PM
    Wednesday, June 29, 2011 1:51 PM
  • Unmanaged Code example like C++, Win32, and COM which compiled into native so they not managed by .net runtime

but as you spend alot of time and money to build them .Net provide Unmanaged Interoperability

so you can use them into your application and  here the word Managed are came into the picture

ie the runtime allow to use them but it said i will not managed them its your job to manage them

one service that runtime provide to managed code is Garbage Collector its know how to control the lifetime of .net object and memory

but  it did not know how to clear resource allocated by unmanaged code. so this called unmanaged code

and this your responsibility to clear the resource allocated by unmanaged code via implementing IDisposable interface for example

Mr.GMKREDDY
    Wednesday, June 29, 2011 3:14 PM

All replies

• Visual Studio 2010

Expression Blend

Windows 7 Power Shell

I'm sure there hundreds more.

Wednesday, June 29, 2011 1:51 PM
  • Unmanaged Code example like C++, Win32, and COM which compiled into native so they not managed by .net runtime

but as you spend alot of time and money to build them .Net provide Unmanaged Interoperability

so you can use them into your application and  here the word Managed are came into the picture

ie the runtime allow to use them but it said i will not managed them its your job to manage them

one service that runtime provide to managed code is Garbage Collector its know how to control the lifetime of .net object and memory

but  it did not know how to clear resource allocated by unmanaged code. so this called unmanaged code

and this your responsibility to clear the resource allocated by unmanaged code via implementing IDisposable interface for example

Mr.GMKREDDY
    Wednesday, June 29, 2011 3:14 PM
  • You asked for examples of managed code applications. I gave you a few.

Now, you appear to want to discuss managed vs. unmanaged code from a developer's perspective. Am I correct?

If so, your discussopn belongs in the developer forums, and not in this forum (the topic here is .NET Framework INSTALLATION).

The developer forums are divided into programming language categories. Pick your preference:

For C++: http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/category/visualc

For C#: http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/category/visualcsharp

For VB: http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/category/visualbasic

• Unmarked as answer by Mr.GMKREDDY Friday, July 22, 2011 4:12 AM
    Wednesday, June 29, 2011 4:36 PM
  • okkkk i get it
    Mr.GMKREDDY
    Wednesday, June 29, 2011 5:16 PM