WHS Not Finding My XP Desktop For Backups RRS feed

• Question

• The WHS console "computers and backup" tab is not showing my XP desktop system to back it up, but my two Win7 laptops are showing up in the list.  The problem system was my WHS server hardware until I moved the server to a new Quad system.  I restored the old system back to its original XP OS with all updates but now the WHS does not find it on my LAN for backups.  Network Magic shows the XP system and the system networks with all the other LAN devices without any issues.  Any suggestions to what needs to be done to correct this?

Tuesday, March 16, 2010 1:28 AM

All replies

• The WHS console "computers and backup" tab is not showing my XP desktop system to back it up, but my two Win7 laptops are showing up in the list.  The problem system was my WHS server hardware until I moved the server to a new Quad system.  I restored the old system back to its original XP OS with all updates but now the WHS does not find it on my LAN for backups.  Network Magic shows the XP system and the system networks with all the other LAN devices without any issues.  Any suggestions to what needs to be done to correct this?
    Have you tried re-joining your XP client to the server by running C:\Program Files\Windows Home Server\Discovery.exe from your client?
    Tuesday, March 16, 2010 3:17 AM