Updating my Live Onecare Payment options RRS feed

• Question

• How can I edit my subscription payments and set the options to pay when I want to to pay it and for it to "NOT" pay for it automatically? Thanks.
    Monday, June 1, 2009 5:54 PM

Answers

• Rumor is....That OneCare won't be around...so might not have much to worry about:

http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/onecaregeneral/thread/0f755bff-3028-4059-8446-5514f6aa192f

Monday, June 1, 2009 6:38 PM
  • That is correct. OneCare is at end of life, but all current subscriptions will be fully supported through their end or the end of 2010, whichever comes first.
    If your subscription is due for renewal in the near future, when you go to renew, you will be offered a free 6 month subscription extension as the new free product is not yet ready for release, but still expected in the 2nd half of this year.
    There has never been a way to change the subscription from auto-renew if you have a valid credit card on file for payment as the subscription terms were for auto-renewal when you signed up. If you wanted to end auto-renew, you'd need to cancel the subscription on or before renewal date by calling support and then signing up again using a retail key for the subscription and a different LiveID. You can also prevent the autorenew by using a key to renew at any time prior to expiration to extend the subscription for 12 months from the original expiration date (as long as less than 12 months remained on the subscription).
    -steve
    Microsoft MVP Windows Live / Windows Live OneCare & Live Mesh Forum Moderator
    Monday, June 1, 2009 6:58 PM

All replies

• Rumor is....That OneCare won't be around...so might not have much to worry about:

http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/onecaregeneral/thread/0f755bff-3028-4059-8446-5514f6aa192f

Monday, June 1, 2009 6:38 PM
  • That is correct. OneCare is at end of life, but all current subscriptions will be fully supported through their end or the end of 2010, whichever comes first.
    If your subscription is due for renewal in the near future, when you go to renew, you will be offered a free 6 month subscription extension as the new free product is not yet ready for release, but still expected in the 2nd half of this year.
    There has never been a way to change the subscription from auto-renew if you have a valid credit card on file for payment as the subscription terms were for auto-renewal when you signed up. If you wanted to end auto-renew, you'd need to cancel the subscription on or before renewal date by calling support and then signing up again using a retail key for the subscription and a different LiveID. You can also prevent the autorenew by using a key to renew at any time prior to expiration to extend the subscription for 12 months from the original expiration date (as long as less than 12 months remained on the subscription).
    -steve
    Monday, June 1, 2009 6:58 PM
  • Awesome, thanks guys. I will go in and cancel it soon then. I have till august, but I'll be fine until then.
    Monday, June 1, 2009 7:29 PM
  • If your subscription renews in August, there is no need to cancel. You will be offered the free 6 month renewal - in fact it may already be pending. Sign in at https://billing.microsoft.com to check.
    -steve
    Monday, June 1, 2009 7:57 PM