none
Problem with Synology Office 365 (Exchange Online) back-up RRS feed

• Question

• Hey guys,

i wonder if someone could point me to the right direction. We use a Synology NAS with the Office 365 back-up agent to back-up Office 365 data. This includes OneDrive, Exchange Online, etc.
    For most of the users everything works flawlessly, but for lets say 9 users only the Exchange Online back-up fails. The Synology gives the following message:

No mail service data of account <accountname> has been backed up. You do not have permission to access the file on the server. (ErrorAccessDenied - Access is denied. Check credentials and try again. Non-system logon cannot access Audits folder).

Synology says it's probably a permission issue in Office 365 (or AD on prem?), but i checked the problematic accounts and compared with the working accounts. No differences. 
    The error tells something about the Audit folder. I can do a Search-MailboxAuditLog on the problematic accounts with no issues (though no output i displayed, but thats also the case with other accounts). 
    Does somebody know what the issue could be?

Thanks.

Kr,

Andre

Tuesday, February 18, 2020 3:39 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Given this situation, please use the command Get-Mailbox | ft name, AuditEnabled to check if the value of auditenabled is “true”.

>> No mail service data of account <accountname> has been backed up. You do not have permission to access the file on the server. (ErrorAccessDenied - Access is denied. Check credentials and try again. Non-system logon cannot access Audits folder).

It is also suggested to contact the provider of this third-party tool to check what permission is needed.

>> but i checked the problematic accounts and compared with the working accounts. No differences. 

It seems that this issue may have little to do with Exchange online, please contact the provider for more information.

Hope this can be helpful.

Regards,

Aidan Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, February 19, 2020 7:43 AM
  • Hi,

Have you got the issue fixed?

I'm writing to see if the reply above is helpful to you. If yes, would you mind helping mark the reply as answer? So that others who might have a similar question can benefit from your thread? Thanks for your understanding and support.

Regards, 

Aidan Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Friday, February 21, 2020 7:45 AM