When does the one year activation start for windows live onecare? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi everyone,

This may sound like a stupid question but i wanted to make sure. I just purchased cd for windows live onecare which is good for 3 pc's. When does the one year subscription start? I'm planning on using it on 3 PC's of course but two of them still has internet security. So would the year start when i use it on the first PC? or is it one year for every PC? Like if i activated one of them today June 30, it would be good until June 30 next year correct? What about the other PC's i have? If i install them on those PC's would that mean their subscription would end on June 30 as well? Even if i install it at a later date? Thanks.

Monday, June 30, 2008 4:54 PM

Answers

• The One Care subscription starts when you activate the subscription. When you add or remove PCs from the subscription it does not affect the subscription term so if you activate your subscription today it will expire one year from today regardless of when PCs are added.

Monday, June 30, 2008 5:26 PM

All replies

• The One Care subscription starts when you activate the subscription. When you add or remove PCs from the subscription it does not affect the subscription term so if you activate your subscription today it will expire one year from today regardless of when PCs are added.

Monday, June 30, 2008 5:26 PM

• I just installed (6-30-2008) onecare on my two computers and both show the subscription running out on 5-31-2009.   Why am I being ripped off for a month worth?
    Tuesday, July 1, 2008 7:49 AM
  • Did you activate the subscription on another PC or online on 5/31/08?  Or was the first installation performed on 6/30/08 the creation of your subscription via the entering of a retail key or submission of payment information?

Your subscription starts when you activate on the first PC or purchase via the online form (which I wish that they would remove!) from the OneCare site.

-steve

Tuesday, July 1, 2008 1:03 PM
  • HOW THE HECK DO I ACTIVATE? CAN YOU PLEASE DO YOUR PART?  I NEED TO GET THIS OVER WITH OR
    CHANGE TO ANOTHER COMPANY THAT WORKS WITH DUMMIES.  I HAVE OTHER THINGS TO DO NOW.
    THIS PROCESS IS TAKING TO LONG FOR NON-COMPUTER-SAVEY JEAN-KNEE-OUS.
    Wednesday, July 2, 2008 4:43 PM
  • If you have purchased a One Care subscription and have One Care installed, open One Care, select "Subscribe" and when prompted for a Live ID enter the Live ID and password used to purchase your subscription. After entering your Live ID your subscription status will be recognized and One Care will activate.

Wednesday, July 2, 2008 4:57 PM