Contact lookup RRS feed

• Question

• Good morning,

When I attempt to lookup a contact in the "Type a Name" field in Office Communicator.  The entry searches only returns items from my personal contact list in Outlook..

I would like the search to perform the lookup in our GAL rather than personal contacts.

How can this be done?

Thanks!!!

Saturday, June 23, 2007 2:54 PM

Answers

• Yes, the address book only contains IM enabled users.
    Tuesday, June 26, 2007 4:28 PM

All replies

• You need the address book service to be functional.  Check your application log in event viewer to see if there are any errors.
    Monday, June 25, 2007 1:26 PM
  • I obtain the following Warning message on my Server in regards to the address book

A delta file would be too large in relation to the full file it is based on. The delta file will not be generated.

Path: D:\Program Files\OCS 2007\Web Components\Address Book Files\D-090a-090c.lsabs

Full File Records: 15

Delta File Records: 15

Cause: A delta file is generated in memory. If the number of new/updated contacts plus the number of deleted contacts is greater than a configured percentage of the number of contacts in the base file, the delta file is not generated because it would be quicker for the client to just download the full file.

Resolution:

None needed.

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

Monday, June 25, 2007 3:54 PM
  • Ok, that's good - it means your AB is being generated as expected.  Are you still experiencing this issue?  If so, check Tools/Options and make sure Microsoft Office Outlook is selected as your Personal Information Manager.
    Monday, June 25, 2007 4:44 PM
  • Indeed Microsoft Office Outlook is selected as my Personal Information Manager.

However, when I do type a name that is located in my GAL, no entries appear.

Entries only appear if they are in my Outlook personal contact list.

For the search to work with the GAL, do the users have to be enabled for Office Communications?  I doubt it as it pulls users in my personal contact list.

Thanks!!!

Tuesday, June 26, 2007 3:18 PM
  • Yes, the address book only contains IM enabled users.
    Tuesday, June 26, 2007 4:28 PM