WHS Primary Disk Crashed RRS feed

• Question

• I configured my WHS with following configuration.
    1. Primary SATA HDD 80 GB
    2. Secondary SATA HDD 1.5 TB

On the second day of operation, whie transfering my personal data to shared folders, WHS crashed. I had Duplication Enabled for this shared folder. After investigating further, I found the issues 'Unreadable File segment....'.

As I had very important data stored on this  Shared folder, I like t restore this. Can you guys please help and guide me here?

Thanks,
    V

Monday, November 2, 2009 3:12 AM

Answers

On the second day of operation, whie transfering my personal data to shared folders, WHS crashed. I had Duplication Enabled for this shared folder. After investigating further, I found the issues 'Unreadable File segment....'.

As I had very important data stored on this  Shared folder, I like t restore this. Can you guys please help and guide me here?

Thanks,
    V

You should replace the primary drive and do a Server Reinstallation.  It should re-integrate the secondary hard drive into the storage pool.  See the FAQ post:  How do I upgrade from the evaluation/trial to a full copy of WHS? for details (even though it's not your scenario, the steps are the same).  Otherwise, you can recover the data on the secondary drive manually.  See the FAQ post:  How to recover data after server failure for details on that.
    • Proposed as answer by kariya21Moderator Monday, November 2, 2009 3:23 AM
    • Marked as answer by V1979 Monday, November 2, 2009 3:40 AM
    Monday, November 2, 2009 3:23 AM

All replies

Thanks,
    V

You should replace the primary drive and do a Server Reinstallation.  It should re-integrate the secondary hard drive into the storage pool.  See the FAQ post:  How do I upgrade from the evaluation/trial to a full copy of WHS? for details (even though it's not your scenario, the steps are the same).  Otherwise, you can recover the data on the secondary drive manually.  See the FAQ post:  How to recover data after server failure for details on that.
    • Proposed as answer by kariya21Moderator Monday, November 2, 2009 3:23 AM
    • Marked as answer by V1979 Monday, November 2, 2009 3:40 AM
    Monday, November 2, 2009 3:23 AM
  • Thank you so much for the help. I connected the second HDD to another computer and now copying over all the data from hidden DE folders. It contained my pictures and memories for many years.

Thanks again !!!
    Monday, November 2, 2009 3:41 AM