SalesOrder - Customer Name is displayed incorrectly RRS feed

• Question

• Hello All,

We are using ADXStudio 6.0 and CRM 2011 for creating an online shopping cart portal. By default, ADX Studio creates Quote records with logged in portal user (which is a CRM Contact) as Customer. This Quote record is than used for creating the SalesOrder. The Quote has both Customer and Contact fields. The system requirement is to have the Quote/SalesOrder Customer as an Account. So we wrote a plugin which triggers after the Quote is created, (PostCreate) which gets the Parent Customer linked to Contact and updates the Quote.Customer to an Account record. It also stores  the portal user details in the Quote.Contact field. In other words, we swap the Customer and Contact information. Now the strange issue that we are facing is that, after the swap, the Quote.Customer record is displaying the Contact name though the icon displayed indicates it is an Account record. Also, clicking on the lookup value takes us to the current Account record. F12 indicates Guid is of an Account record. Please refer the attached screenshot. I would really appreciate any fix/resolution that anyone can provide on this issue.

Thanks in advance for all your help.

Tuesday, October 28, 2014 1:26 AM

Answers

• hello mate,

the icon mismatch maybe because the changes are made post operation.

please see if you can interchange fields pre-save?.

could you try to give a different name for contact and account and see the look-up resolves the right customer?.(what I mean is a different full name).

regards

Jithesh

• Marked as answer by DynamicsCRMDev Wednesday, October 29, 2014 5:59 AM
    Tuesday, October 28, 2014 8:01 AM

All replies

• hello mate,

the icon mismatch maybe because the changes are made post operation.

please see if you can interchange fields pre-save?.

could you try to give a different name for contact and account and see the look-up resolves the right customer?.(what I mean is a different full name).

regards

Jithesh

• Marked as answer by DynamicsCRMDev Wednesday, October 29, 2014 5:59 AM
    Tuesday, October 28, 2014 8:01 AM
  • Hello Jithesh,

I modified the plugin to trigger at PreCreate rather than PostCreate and that resolved the issue.

Thanks a lot for your suggestions, really appreciate it.

Thanks!

Wednesday, October 29, 2014 6:06 AM