none
fresh install, can't run Office

Question

• I recently had to do a fresh install of Vista.  This was the second time I've performed this action.  The last time I re-installed I partitioned my hard drive to have the Windows info on the C: drive and all program files/pictures/videos/etc. on the F: drive.  I assumed that when I did the fresh install this time around, it would only effect the C: drive.  Unfortunately, the install got messed up or I did it wrong.  Windows was installed and boots up perfectly, but now I have two drives with the same files/folders, and I have to choose which OS to use during boot up (both Vista).  This wouldn't be a problem normally, as I can just wipe the hard drive and start all over again (everything is backed up).  My only issue is that I have MS Office 2010 installed on my old F: drive, but I can't get it to open...currently getting a "The OS is not currently configured to run this application" error.  I do not have an install disk, as it was downloaded from an educator's website that I no longer have access to.

Is there any way to get a new activation code for this type of situation.  If not, is there any way to copy my Office folder and get access to it once I wipe my HD and start all over again?

I tried to copy/paste the MGAD output here, but it won't copy/paste.
    Saturday, July 14, 2012 12:50 AM

Answers

• No (unless perhaps you have the files you downloaded). Office needs to be installed to work. You need to install it within the Windows you want it to run in.

--
    --
    "HotBacon" wrote in message news:28d86242-86fe-4119-a2cf-127dfce68195...

I recently had to do a fresh install of Vista.  This was the second time I've performed this action.  The last time I re-installed I partitioned my hard drive to have the Windows info on the C: drive and all program files/pictures/videos/etc. on the F: drive.  I assumed that when I did the fresh install this time around, it would only effect the C: drive.  Unfortunately, the install got messed up or I did it wrong.  Windows was installed and boots up perfectly, but now I have two drives with the same files/folders, and I have to choose which OS to use during boot up (both Vista).  This wouldn't be a problem normally, as I can just wipe the hard drive and start all over again (everything is backed up).  My only issue is that I have MS Office 2010 installed on my old F: drive, but I can't get it to open...currently getting a "The OS is not currently configured to run this application" error.  I do not have an install disk, as it was downloaded from an educator's website that I no longer have access to.

Is there any way to get a new activation code for this type of situation.  If not, is there any way to copy my Office folder and get access to it once I wipe my HD and start all over again?

Saturday, July 14, 2012 1:08 AM
  • See: Download Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2010 and then use your Office 2010 Professional Plus product key.

Carey Frisch

Saturday, July 14, 2012 2:01 AM

All replies

• No (unless perhaps you have the files you downloaded). Office needs to be installed to work. You need to install it within the Windows you want it to run in.

--
    --
    "HotBacon" wrote in message news:28d86242-86fe-4119-a2cf-127dfce68195...

I recently had to do a fresh install of Vista.  This was the second time I've performed this action.  The last time I re-installed I partitioned my hard drive to have the Windows info on the C: drive and all program files/pictures/videos/etc. on the F: drive.  I assumed that when I did the fresh install this time around, it would only effect the C: drive.  Unfortunately, the install got messed up or I did it wrong.  Windows was installed and boots up perfectly, but now I have two drives with the same files/folders, and I have to choose which OS to use during boot up (both Vista).  This wouldn't be a problem normally, as I can just wipe the hard drive and start all over again (everything is backed up).  My only issue is that I have MS Office 2010 installed on my old F: drive, but I can't get it to open...currently getting a "The OS is not currently configured to run this application" error.  I do not have an install disk, as it was downloaded from an educator's website that I no longer have access to.

Saturday, July 14, 2012 1:08 AM
  • See: Download Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2010 and then use your Office 2010 Professional Plus product key.

Carey Frisch

Saturday, July 14, 2012 2:01 AM