German Licence key over an French installation's CD, Possible or not ?? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I intent to built my own WHS, but so far in France the better price I found is 136 € for an OEM CD.

Living next to the german border, I found this http://www.arlt.com/software/betriebssyste...10+clients.html (it's a legitimate shop).

This licence is 40 € cheaper and in the crisis time we live a penny is a penny (well in fact a euro cent is a euro cent tongue.gif ).

But is the German Licence key valid with a French Installation's CD that I downloaded several months ago on the web site of MS France to try the WHS ??

Both are OEM installation CD.

Thanks for your answers , and sorry for my bad english.
    Thursday, December 18, 2008 7:05 PM

Answers

• You will not be able to use your German license key to convert your French evaluation software to a full OEM version. This has nothing to do with the language, however (I expect that if you had a full French version the German license key would work to activate it). the problem is that the evaluation software you downloaded from Microsoft has a "time bomb" built into the operating system. This time bomb can't be disabled, and so you will have to re-install with the full OEM software, whichever version you decide to purchase.
    I'm not on the WHS team, I just post a lot. :)
    Thursday, December 18, 2008 7:29 PM