What happened to the bubble-up? RRS feed

• Question

• Used to be that an activity or opportunity belonging to a contact would show up as an activity or opportunity on his associated account.  Was that feature removed for 2013 (or 2011?)
    Wednesday, July 30, 2014 3:57 PM

All replies

• I still does that, what behavior are you not seeing specifically?

The postings on this site are solely my own and do not represent or constitute Hitachi Solutions' positions, views, strategies or opinions.

Wednesday, July 30, 2014 4:51 PM
  • I have an account which has a contact who has an opportunity.  The opportunity shows up in the contact's grid but not in the account's.  Ditto for an appointment I added.
    Wednesday, July 30, 2014 6:20 PM
  • Is the Account the Parent Account of the Contact, or another kind?

The postings on this site are solely my own and do not represent or constitute Hitachi Solutions' positions, views, strategies or opinions.

Wednesday, July 30, 2014 6:57 PM
  • contact.parentcustomerid
    • Edited by mardukes Wednesday, July 30, 2014 10:30 PM
    Wednesday, July 30, 2014 10:29 PM
  • Hmm, interesting.  Are the related records views modified or using the non-default view?

Wednesday, July 30, 2014 11:44 PM
  • Yeah, that's what I'm wondering.  When it comes to activities, I think the social pane is behaving as expected -- and that's a view no one might have put they're hands on.  However, the two grids that have been added (activities and opportunities) are driven by views that may have been adulterated.  And, of course, opportunities are not included in the social pane.  

There's got to be special fetches for the bubble-up.  What views are supposed to support it?  I should check to see which of the current are managed views.

Thursday, July 31, 2014 2:27 PM
  • Either we are not remembering correctly or something has changed.  I spun up a new trial instance.

• created a new account
    • created a new contact
    • >>> assigned him to account
    • created a new opportunity from the opportunity home page (1)
    • >>> added the contact to contact field manually
    • >>> potential customer field populated automatically with contact
    • created a new opportunity from the contact page (2) (short form)
    • >>> both Account and Contact fields are pre-filled in on short form
    • >>> potential customer auto-populated with contact
    • created a new opportunity from the account page (3) (short form)
    • >>> Account field is pre-filled in on short form
    • >>> potential customer auto-populated with account

Looking at the out-of-the-box Recent Opportunities control/grid

• contact shows opportunities 1 & 2
    • account shows opportunity 3
    • no bubble-up
    • interestingly, even though #2 has Account AND Contact fields filled in, only the Potential Customer value affects the grid

There appears to be no route to have all an account's contact's opportunities to show up with out removing them from the contact itself.

• Edited by mardukes Friday, August 1, 2014 9:22 PM
    • Proposed as answer by Karishma Harjani Monday, August 4, 2014 12:02 PM
    Friday, August 1, 2014 9:19 PM
  • While I'm flattered that you would propose this as an answer, it is in fact a statement of the problem.

WHAT HAPPENED TO THE BUBBLE-UP?

Can we have some Microsoft representative sheepishly admit that it's been removed and ponder it's usefulness OR explain how it works in 2013, please.

• Edited by mardukes Friday, August 8, 2014 2:37 PM
    Friday, August 8, 2014 2:36 PM