New Report error RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I tried to create a new SRS report in crm using the existing rdl file i have created. I got this error "No Entity" when I tried to save the report in the report wizard. The user i am using has all the report and related entity permissions set in CRM and my report is working fine as I have upload and tested it in SQL report manage on the same server. The problem is I can't create it only in the CRM. I even try with other default rdl report file but I got the same error message. Can you please help me on this problem?

Hamandani
    Monday, April 13, 2009 4:53 AM

Answers

• I've had the same problem. When you use Report Parameters beginning with: CRM_Filtered you have to type the entity name like CRM_FilteredAccount. When using CRM_FilteredAcc or a entityname that doesn't exist you will get the "no entity" error.

Monday, August 17, 2009 2:06 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Try this excersise (link below), and see if it guides you in the right direction.

http://www.microsoft.com/dynamics/crm/using/customizing/reporttutorial.mspx

Note! One of the most common issues is that a "Shared Data Source" is used instead of a "Local Data Source Definition". (i.e. first dialog when creating new report).

Morten
    Monday, April 13, 2009 7:29 AM
  • Hi Morten..

My problem is I have created a report and in the test CRM it is working fine. In the live environment, when i create a new report using existing file, an error message Below is shown. I have even tried with the default rdl reports in crmserver folder. The thing is i can't update or create a report using the existing file option and if i use it, the error below is shown.

--------------------------------------------------------
    Microsoft Dynamics CRM -- Web Dialog

No Entity

OK
    -------------------------------------------------------------
    Do you know anything about No Entity Error?
    Hamandani
    Monday, April 13, 2009 7:44 AM
  • Hi,

Have you tried to export an existing report; then upload it again.

If that fails there must be something with the installation.

Have not experienced the "No entity error" before, sorry.

Morten
    Monday, April 13, 2009 7:57 AM
  • load the latest Rollup
    Install the update for SSRS connector.
    Import the report in SSRS manager and link it from CRM as a External report
    Tiaan van Niekerk http://crmdelacreme.blogspot.com Skype:tiaan.van.niekerk1
    Tuesday, April 14, 2009 3:40 AM
  • Did anyone ever find a solution other than linking the report?  I have a report that is giving me the same error.  Very frustrating - and yes I did export it from 3.0 and then just tried to import.  No joy here.

Thanks,
    Melissa
    Sunday, June 14, 2009 1:59 AM
  • I've had the same problem. When you use Report Parameters beginning with: CRM_Filtered you have to type the entity name like CRM_FilteredAccount. When using CRM_FilteredAcc or a entityname that doesn't exist you will get the "no entity" error.

Monday, August 17, 2009 2:06 PM