CRM 2011 Closing Campaign Responses en mass RRS feed

• Question

• I don't seem to be able to close Campaign Responses en masse. I can close them individually from within the indivdual record, however whether from within the Campaign Responses Grid or through the Activities view there is no option to bulk close them.

There must be a way to bulk-close these!!

Thanks

David

Wednesday, September 7, 2011 8:10 AM

Answers

• Hi David,

No I don't think there is an en masse close campaign response feature built in to CRM 2011. Your best option is to write an ondemand workflow based on the campaign response entity. In this you will need to update the status of the record to closed or cancelled. You'll no doubt have a bit more logic in there to determine if the response is complete enough to be closed down & any other related data.

From the campaign responses view you can then select multiple responses & start your workflow. It's asynchronous of course so if you are doing a lot it may take a few minutes to work through, and you'll need to refresh your IE page to see the updated statuses on the records.

Regards,

Paul

Paul Dowman, CRM Developer
    • Proposed as answer by Paul Dowman Thursday, September 8, 2011 1:50 PM
    • Edited by Paul Dowman Thursday, September 8, 2011 1:52 PM Added clarity
    • Marked as answer by DavidtMoore Friday, September 9, 2011 8:48 AM
    Thursday, September 8, 2011 1:49 PM

All replies

• Hi David,

No I don't think there is an en masse close campaign response feature built in to CRM 2011. Your best option is to write an ondemand workflow based on the campaign response entity. In this you will need to update the status of the record to closed or cancelled. You'll no doubt have a bit more logic in there to determine if the response is complete enough to be closed down & any other related data.

From the campaign responses view you can then select multiple responses & start your workflow. It's asynchronous of course so if you are doing a lot it may take a few minutes to work through, and you'll need to refresh your IE page to see the updated statuses on the records.

Regards,

Paul

Paul Dowman, CRM Developer
    • Proposed as answer by Paul Dowman Thursday, September 8, 2011 1:50 PM
    • Edited by Paul Dowman Thursday, September 8, 2011 1:52 PM Added clarity
    • Marked as answer by DavidtMoore Friday, September 9, 2011 8:48 AM
    Thursday, September 8, 2011 1:49 PM
  • Thanks Paul.

This is what i've ended up doing - strange that this functionality doesn't exist!

David

Friday, September 9, 2011 8:47 AM