none
Is it legal to publish MCTS questions with answers in my blog? RRS feed

• Question

• Is it legal to publish MCTS questions with answers in my blog?

Do any of these hold copyrights?

- Microsoft

- Braindump Vendors

Tuesday, May 26, 2015 2:48 AM

Answers

• You can publish sample questions if you wrote the questions yourself, or if you have the permission from whoever wrote them. But if you are lifting the questions from another site (let alone the actual exam!) then you could get into lots of trouble for publishing them.
    • Marked as answer by Sunil.SP Wednesday, May 27, 2015 5:11 PM
    Tuesday, May 26, 2015 5:10 AM
  • Ofcourse there hold copyright for their exams. Also there is disclosure agreement that you have to sign when taking any MS exam. So if you passed that exam, publishing questions can resolve in you getting decetified. 

And there is another thing. I ask you not to do it even if there was no copyright. Publishing those questions and creating braindumps is giving anyone who passed an exam a bad name. Having questions before exam can help pass people who have no real knowledge and skills and it takes away credit and severity to MS certification and everyone who studied and passed exam. So beside copyright and disclosure agreement, there is moral thing to it.

Mustafa Toroman

Tuesday, May 26, 2015 5:13 AM

All replies

• You can publish sample questions if you wrote the questions yourself, or if you have the permission from whoever wrote them. But if you are lifting the questions from another site (let alone the actual exam!) then you could get into lots of trouble for publishing them.
    Tuesday, May 26, 2015 5:10 AM
  • Ofcourse there hold copyright for their exams. Also there is disclosure agreement that you have to sign when taking any MS exam. So if you passed that exam, publishing questions can resolve in you getting decetified. 

And there is another thing. I ask you not to do it even if there was no copyright. Publishing those questions and creating braindumps is giving anyone who passed an exam a bad name. Having questions before exam can help pass people who have no real knowledge and skills and it takes away credit and severity to MS certification and everyone who studied and passed exam. So beside copyright and disclosure agreement, there is moral thing to it.

Mustafa Toroman

Tuesday, May 26, 2015 5:13 AM
  • Thank You Mustafa!

I am against copy-paste kind of certification.  I prefer learning & attaining.. But the MS certification questions are too complex that a realworld expert cannot pass it.  This is where we need dump.

So coming back to the "copyright" issue.. How come the pass4sure, testking vendors are selling the  questions? 

These guys should be sued. Right?

Do MS hold the copyright?

Wednesday, May 27, 2015 5:13 PM