Zentity user login RRS feed

• Question

• Hello Everyone

I was successful in getting Zentity loaded on to Windows 2008 Standard Server with SQL 2008 Enterprise Server. I was also successful in getting the first sample data set loaded.

I am doing this in a test VM and DO NOT have access to an Active Directory Domain. I verified that the local Administrator account is in the ZentityAdmin Local Group. However, when I try to login to the Zentity WebUI I get a login failure.  I can search through the webui as a guest user but really need to be able to login via authentication using the local windows machine user accounts.

??? Does Zentity require Active Directory?

??? Can Zentity use local windows machine user accounts to autenticate in the WebUI interface?

Thanks for any help.

Sunday, August 7, 2011 12:07 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Thanks for your post.

Zentity does not require Active Directory for authentication and authorization.

You can use administrator is login name and admin@123 as password for the webUI login.

Zentity uses Windows Authentication for its services.

Also, you can enable windows authentication for any services hosted in IIS from the IIS itself for the particular service. When you click the site you will get the options in the right pane.

-Regards

• Proposed as answer by Kalnemi Monday, August 8, 2011 8:45 AM
    Monday, August 8, 2011 8:43 AM
  • Thanks. That makes more sense. Don't know why I did not run across the login information in the documentation. Must have passed over it.

Arnold @ Zentity
    Monday, August 8, 2011 8:15 PM