windows vista activation fails RRS feed

• Question

• Hello i've recently purchased a MSI GX630 laptop and it came with Vista Home Premiuim pre-installed. I had had problems with that Vista so i reinstalled Vista home premium but I had mistakenly used a friend's Sager OEM copy and after I had reinstalled with that CD I used the Vista activation key which came with the laptop (on the bottom of the laptop)to activate that Sager Vista which i had installed. Upon realising my mistake I quickly reinstalled with another Vista CD i borrowed from a friend (it's a legal copy, i just needed it to use with my key) all while planning to just use my activation key (the one that came with the laptop). When I tried my key in the activation Window it tells me that my key is invalid. I am very confused. Could anyone please explain what is going on? I've also tried activation by phone (I'm in Jamaica) but when I enter the digits on my phone I get an error and I'm forwarded to a Customer Rep. That hasn't helped me at all because the call is always disconnected as I'm explaining my problem to them.
    Sunday, March 29, 2009 12:30 AM

Answers

• Hello mr_bolton,

" When I tried my key in the activation Window it tells me that my key is invalid. I am very confused. Could anyone please explain what is going on? I've also tried activation by phone (I'm in Jamaica) but when I enter the digits on my phone I get an error and I'm forwarded to a Customer Rep. That hasn't helped me at all because the call is always disconnected as I'm explaining my problem to them."

You did the right things.  Product Keys from the sticker (called the COA sticker) on your computer, must be activated by phone and must be done thru a Customer Rep.  Please call again and try to talk to the Custaomer Rep, they will be able to help you.

Thank you,
    Darin MS
    Attention All Forum Users: Please Do Not post your issue in someone else's Thread...Create your own. If any post fixes your issue, please click the "Post was Helpful" button for that post. This will help us showcase the threads that best help our customers.
    Monday, March 30, 2009 5:31 PM