Binding a floating numeric keypad to a usercontrol on a window RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

This is w.r.t binding a floating numeric keypad to a usercontrol on a window.

I have my requirement like this.

I have Main window and three user controls say “OrderOverview”,”OrderDetail” and ”OrderSummary”.

On opening the Main window the “OrderOveriew” is displayed to the user. Now clicking on button in the OrderOverview will display OrderDetail in front of OrderOverview. Similarly clicking on button in the OrderDetail will display OrderSummary in front of Orderdetail.

Now in the menu list we can view all the opened Usercontrols. We can navigate to any Usercontrol by selecting the corresponding user control. Ex: suppose the active(Visible usercontrol) user control is OrderSummary. Now if the user wants to view OrderOverview he can do so by selecting the menu item OrderOverview In the OrderDetail I have placed some numeric input fields. The numeric values needs to be input through the numeric keypad which can float over the OrderDetail user control. For this, we have created UserControl NumericKeypad this keypad can be invoked by clicking on the button in the Order Detail screen.

Question:

We are able to open the numeric keypad and input values into the OrderDetail User control input fields. When we navigate to OrderOverview ,The OrderOverview is bought to front.

This is ok.

Now, if we again go back to OrderDetail usercontrol the numeric keypad is not visible. How can we bind the numeric keypad usercontrol only to OrderDetail Usercontrol such that whenever the user opens the OrderDetail usercontrol the Numeric keypad should also be visible.

• Moved by Sheldon _Xiao Wednesday, July 27, 2011 9:13 AM (From:Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF))
    Tuesday, July 19, 2011 5:02 AM

All replies

• Hi Bhanu016,

Based on your description, it is hard to understand your situation clearly with WPF concept, I guess if it is Windows Phone7, I need your feedback to help you further.

Best regards,

Sheldon _Xiao[MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Get or Request Code Sample from Microsoft
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Thursday, July 21, 2011 6:45 AM