Best Practices with Synch Services with Astoria (ADO.NET Web Services) RRS feed

• Question

• Are there any best practices when using Synch Services with Astoria?  I haven't acually found any documentation that says this is even possible, but I did see something that said Synch supports ATOM, and so that might mean that I can synch against WebServices.

Also, if Synch does work against Astoria/ADO.NET Web Services, does it support the Modified-Since header to reduce network traffic?

Lastly, is there any pattern I should follow to integrate synch services into a WPF and WPF/e application that will maximise code reuse (or cut and paste)?  It doesn't seem like there would be any Silverlight client coming out any time soon.  Should I just decorate microsoft generated proxy code with interfaces and call the objects that way?  Seems like a bit of a hassle that I would like to avoid.

• Moved by Max Wang_1983 Thursday, April 21, 2011 6:04 PM forum consolidation (From:SyncFx - Technical Discussion [ReadOnly])
    Thursday, October 16, 2008 12:04 PM

Answers

• Sync services with Astoria is something that we have been thinking about. We will let you know when we have something on those lines.

Meanwhile, you can sync with a web service where this web service can act as a simple participant. Take a look at this article that explains a bit more. http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/sync/bb821992.aspx

Tuesday, November 4, 2008 1:59 AM