Subgrid of custom Enitity cannot adding Exsisting records RRS feed

• Question

• I have custom entity "Engineer" and have subgrid of this on Task Activity but It Doesn't add the Existing records.

I  make custom Relationship.

Task have 1 to M Relation with custom Entity "Engineer".

but if On Task Activity I add one of Engineer records then it should not add for other task.

so how add the Existing record of Engineers.

Muhammad Sohail

Thursday, October 10, 2013 1:58 PM

All replies

• Hey. Task or Activity in general, will have a default many-to-one relationship with the entities. If creating one-to-many relationship is allowed from activity and normal entity, you can create an self-referenced relationship which loops forever. This will not work. I would think a seperate custom entiy may suit your requirement better. Regards, Jaimie
    Thursday, October 10, 2013 4:19 PM
  • Hey. Task or Activity in general, will have a default many-to-one relationship with the entities. If creating one-to-many relationship is allowed from activity and normal entity, you can create an self-referenced relationship which loops forever. This will not work. I would think a seperate custom entiy may suit your requirement better. Regards, Jaimie
    Hi Jaimie_j you means I should make Custom Entity and Defiend that entity as Activity....and not use System Task Actitvity Instead I Should Create a custom Entity Defiend as Activity...

Muhammad Sohail

Monday, October 21, 2013 8:26 AM