70-450 Expiration date - confusing RRS feed

Answers

• Hi,

I reviewed the official list of retired exams. I see that 70-450 is scheduled to retire 31 January 2014. The July 2013 date that you see may have been an original planned retirement date.

I have forwarded a link to your post to my colleagues in Microsoft Learning so that they can update the pages.

Thanks,

Mike

Mike Corkery, MCT, MVP (Office Systems), MCSD (Windows Store Apps), MCITP, MCPD, MSF, etc. Please do not forget to click “Vote as Helpful” if any post helps you and "Mark as Answer”if it solves the issue.

Tuesday, July 2, 2013 2:12 PM

All replies

• Thanks for all the answers :)
    Friday, June 28, 2013 9:01 AM
  • Hi,

I reviewed the official list of retired exams. I see that 70-450 is scheduled to retire 31 January 2014. The July 2013 date that you see may have been an original planned retirement date.

I have forwarded a link to your post to my colleagues in Microsoft Learning so that they can update the pages.

Thanks,

Mike

Mike Corkery, MCT, MVP (Office Systems), MCSD (Windows Store Apps), MCITP, MCPD, MSF, etc. Please do not forget to click “Vote as Helpful” if any post helps you and "Mark as Answer”if it solves the issue.

Tuesday, July 2, 2013 2:12 PM
  • Mike,

I think you mean 31 January 2014.  But anyway, thanks so much for the info and reaching out to MS.

Tuesday, July 2, 2013 2:20 PM
  • Hi,

Thanks for pointing out my mistake. I have corrected my post. By the way, I just heard back from Microsoft Learning. They very recently made the decision to move out the retirement date for some exams. The 70-450 exam is one of these. The official date is indeed 31 January 2014.

They will be updating the page that has the "old" retirement date soon.

Good luck on your exam!

Tuesday, July 2, 2013 6:23 PM
  • Thank you Mike.
    Thursday, July 4, 2013 2:55 PM
  • Can anyone confirm that the MCITP: Database Administrator 2008 certification will be available until Jan 31, 2014 as well?

I have passed 70-432 and before I pursue the 70-450 I would like to make sure that it will count for the MCITP so I can do the upgrade path for 2012.

Thanks.

Wednesday, July 31, 2013 10:15 PM