Allow access to applications depending on callers number? RRS feed

• Question

•  

Hi!

We have a production server running with one application. I have created a test application that I would like to deploy on the same server and hoped to limit access to this application by callers number (only allow mine). However, when I checked the properties on the applications through the management console, I can only set access by "called number".

If I was in-house I could use "called number" but as I am sitting at a different location, I thought it would be possible to use callers number for this. Is there any work around without having to write "redirect" code in the main application, like in ms2004?

Thanks for your help!

Wednesday, September 19, 2007 10:38 AM

All replies

•  

This is not supported directly by Speech Server.  I don't follow why you can't use called number.  Assuming that you're using a gateway, can you add routing logic to that to direct your calling number to a different called number on Speech Server?
    Friday, September 21, 2007 10:55 AM
  • Hmm, gateway. Lost me there.

Our customer is in control of PBXs and network setup, and the speech application is my area. From the PSTN there is one number to dial to access the mss. Do you suggest we add more numbers to access the mss?

Not sure how this is done but I could ask our customer if this is possible.

If I was sitting at the same location as our customer, I could use the internal short number (i.e. 1234) instead of the full number (040991234) that users on the outside normaly use.  But that is not what you meant?

Thanks for you input!

/ Markus

Wednesday, September 26, 2007 6:36 AM
  •  

" Do you suggest we add more numbers to access the mss? "

Yes. 

Wednesday, September 26, 2007 12:44 PM