none
KUDU: Deploy two different app services from the same git repo and different app folders and deploy.cmd scripts RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, 

I currently have been deploying one git repo to one app and another git repo to the other app service. Each app had their own deploy script. Recently I was asked to combine the two repos and I need a way for Kudu to do two different deploys depending on the app. One folder in the repo, there is a node app and in another there is a python app. Kudu documentation says it's possible but can it be done for a node/python app?

The Kudu Documentation says this: 

One downside of using a .deployment file is that it is committed to the repo, and sometimes you want to make that selection outside of the repo.

Let's say that you have one repo that contains two different ASP.NET projects (possibly in the same solution), which you want to deploy to different sites. You couldn't use a .deployment file here, as it can only point to one project.

Instead, you can use App Settings to set the same values that are supported in the .deployment file. The steps are:

• Go to the Configure tab for you site in the Azure portal
    • Add an App Setting called PROJECT, and set its value to something like WebProject/WebProject.csproj
    • Then in your other web site you can set PROJECT to point to a different .csproj file.

• Moved by Tingting MO Tuesday, August 29, 2017 9:58 AM
    Thursday, August 24, 2017 7:51 PM

All replies

• Hi Sowmitra Nalla,

Thanks for posting here.

This forum is about VSTS and on-premises and your issue is not related to them. I suggest that you could post a new thread at the Git, Mercurial and Dropbox Deployment to Azure forum for dedicated help.

Thanks for your understanding.

Best regards,

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Friday, August 25, 2017 8:33 AM