Product key isn't recognized. RRS feed

• Question

• Years ago when I was running Windows XP, I purchased Microsoft Research Autocollage 2008.  I recently installed Windows 10 Home edition.  I attempted to reinstall and register my Autocollage using my original product key.  It isn't recognized. My emAIL address is garyncarol@gmail.com.  My product key is 7RG6B-FMWJ8-D8DQV-GTXRF-2GFFM.  Everything on the registration panel matches my old notes. What's up? 
    Tuesday, January 5, 2016 11:31 PM

All replies

• I found my product key after searching for some time and gave up.  I accidently discovered it in my Microsoft profile.

Go to Outlook.com and login.

Click on your Account (your picture if there is one, to the right of a question mark) on the top right corner.

Click on View Account tab.

Click on Payment and Billing tab. Pull down menu drops down.

Click on Order History.  

Set filters for Show to "all" and From to "All available".

Your receipt with license key should show up here if you purchased the software using your Microsoft account.

Locate the receipt and click on the Install link.  product key appears.  this is the one I used to register.

Unfortunately the Install button next to product key does not work.  You may have to locate the software executable installer: MicrosoftAutoCollageSetup.msi on Microsoft website.  I just checked and found it available.  

Share away!

Tuesday, February 13, 2018 10:54 PM