none
Problem with Windows Server branding - New/Unread threads do not appear in bold font

Answers

All replies

• I have not seen a bold or italics thread in any of the server forums in a long time.

Richard Mueller - MVP Directory Services

Wednesday, July 17, 2013 12:37 AM
  • For me, the issue is only with new/unread threads not appearing in bold. Threads that I've previously read that have new replies do appear italicized when viewing the forum with the Windows Server branding present.

Don't retire TechNet!

Wednesday, July 17, 2013 2:51 AM
  • I am able to repro the absence of bold for unread in the Windows Server center.

When you are on the home page we keep you in the current brand (MSDN, TechNet, or Microsoft) and center (if applicable) styling no matter which set of forums you choose from the forums list.  This is intended to avoid the jarring experience of switching the styling of the home page back and forth as you select and deselect individual forums that belong to different centers. So the behavior you observed when selecting Windows Server forums while in the TechNet (network level) styling was by design. 

My Forums is different in that there you can mix forums from across brands.  So we may need to switch you from TechNet styling to MSDN styling, for example, based on whether the forum you click is within your current brand.

Wednesday, July 17, 2013 6:52 AM
  • Thanks for the information Doug.

Since I have a reliable workaround in place it doesn't matter too much to me any longer, but do you anticipate this being something that'll make it into one of the next few releases?

Don't retire TechNet!

Friday, July 19, 2013 4:12 AM
  • yes.  I'm not sure exactly which one but one of the next couple.
    Friday, July 19, 2013 4:53 AM