Remote Web Access WHS 2011 Colors RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I'm trying to customize the remote web access page of whs 2011. I have created a image with black background and with my own servername logo, size 800x500.

My question, is there a way to change the web page background color from white to black and the text in white to black?

Regards
    Skugge

• Edited by Skugge Thursday, December 13, 2012 1:27 PM
    Thursday, December 13, 2012 1:23 PM

Answers

• To learn about CSS, try here, here, and here, for starters.

I'm not on the WHS team, I just post a lot. :)

• Marked as answer by Yan Li_ Thursday, December 27, 2012 8:55 AM
    Friday, December 21, 2012 11:51 AM

All replies

• You can try playing around with the cascading style sheets that are in various folders under C:\Program Files\Windows Server\Bin\WebApps\RemoteAccess on your server. While it's possible that you'll mess something up, as long as you're reasonably cautious it's not likely, and you should be able to fix whatever it is you've broken.

Friday, December 14, 2012 1:12 AM
  • Thank you for answering, Ken

I have opened the cascading style sheet files, but I don't know which one of them I should make the changes to. If its not to much to do, and you know how to do this, could you please point me in the right direction to what changes I need to in which file?

I can't figure out the color codes either.

Regards
    Skugge
    Wednesday, December 19, 2012 3:35 PM
  • To learn about CSS, try here, here, and here, for starters.

• Marked as answer by Yan Li_ Thursday, December 27, 2012 8:55 AM
    Friday, December 21, 2012 11:51 AM
  • Thanx again, Ken

I will study those pages

Regards
    Skugge

Friday, December 21, 2012 7:38 PM
  • Ken: What do you know about the availability of free sub-domains for WHS2011? I read a post that said back in Apr 2011 they were still avail, but nothing since.

I tried purchasing a domain name from GoDaddyand connecting it to remote web access but am having troubles.  Ports 80 and 443 are both open but everytime I use the wizard I get some notice that it isn't yet available, but GoDaddy tells me that it is.  And if I try to store it anyway, it asks for a user name/pwd that is then not accepted.

Is there a way to enter this info directly into the registry?

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Tuesday, November 10, 2015 4:47 PM