Load balancing Speech Server 2007 RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I have a question about load balancing the server environment in Speech Server 2007. It is necessary to use SIP-aware hardware/software load balancers?  Or is a solution like the standard network load balancer on a Windows Server OS sufficient to loadbalance IVR traffic?

Thanks in advance,

Dries

Wednesday, January 30, 2008 7:40 AM

All replies

• Yes, I would also be very interested in finding out the best solution to handle an outbound only application that will need to span multiple Speech servers to meet the concurrent call capacity we need.  What is the best way to Load Balance speech servers to handle this situation.  I am NOT using a gateway to terminate the outbound calls.

Thursday, July 17, 2008 11:24 PM
  •  

You dont need to load balance speech server to scale out for an outbound dialer it uses MSMQ.

You could have your application send OutBound call requests to multiple MSMQ's on Multiple speech server like a round robin scenerio. Speech Server outbound dialers are tied to Microsoft Message Queues.

Also for large outbound applications I would recommend using a Ingate SIParator to use a SIP Trunk with Speech Server. I have used it to place 50,000 out bound calls. I only use 5 Sip trunks to complete this and its free long distance.

If you want more info send me a request from my blog site http://www.ocsmvp.com

you could use an F5 load balancer to use one host name or IP address that could be using multiple speech servers behind the device. If you buy a Quad core server you can place 96 outbound calls at one time and the server will manage this just fine.

Keith Kabza MVP

Thursday, July 24, 2008 10:16 PM