none
Computer won't boot up past BIOS screen RRS feed

• Question

• I'm running a Dell Dimension 2400 under Windows XP, and seemingly out of nowhere while searching on google, the whole computer shut off. Now, I get the BIOS loading screen, then it all goes to black and stays black. No mouse icon, no text cursor on the screen, nothing. I tried booting in safe mode but that didn't work. If there's any help anybody can provide on trying to get this up and running I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you in advance.

• Moved by Helen Zhou Wednesday, December 8, 2010 8:31 AM (From:Windows Forms General)
    Tuesday, December 7, 2010 2:43 AM

All replies

• You can get answer to this question on Microsoft Answers website or you can consult DELL Support.
    Gaurav Khanna
    Tuesday, December 7, 2010 7:20 AM
  • Hello Dan,

This is a forum for programming issue, this question is off topic here. I'm moving it to Off-topic forum to see if someone would help.

Regards,
    Helen Zhou

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    Welcome to Microsoft All-In-One Code Framework to download or request code samples from Microsoft Community Team!
    Wednesday, December 8, 2010 8:30 AM